Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow pond revisited (report) 10-14
Went up to the pond again and got into some more Cutt action. Ran into Craig (CBR) who so Conveniently forgot his tackle [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]. I let him borrow my lucky lure and it was all him after that. He caught five or six cutts to my two all within an hour or so. Well what can you do thats what friends are for. To his credit I'll mention that he offered it back to me several times. He was having so much fun I couldn't take it back. Also was enjoying the excitement, he looked like a little kid with a new toy on Christmas morning, priceless!!! Take a look at the attached pics and tell me it isn't so, LOL.

Fin-S-Fish showed up alittle later and was well on his way to catching a few. How did you do Ray? Unfortunately we had to leave since both of us had prior engagements for which we were both late. Craig had a jig tying engagement to attend with pat (TD) and I had to pick up the wife from work. A fun hour and a half to say the least. Unfortunately at the rate those Cutts are being harvested there may not be a repeat trip. Catch and Release isn't part of the average Willow pond anglers vocabulary. We were actually getting shocked looks of confusion as we released our fish, not to mention to comments of disbelief that could be heard in the distance.
[signature]
did u see any flys that were working
[signature]
That was one fun hour. Thanks for letting me use the lucky lure.

I arrived to Pats and he fileted the 2 cuts that I kept and stuck them in the oven so we had an excellent chicken and cut dinner. The trout tasted excellent!

Excellent shots! Love the action ones of the fish chomping on the lure!

Looking forward to Sunday Al. Ship leaves for Ogden canyon early, hope you can make it out!
[signature]
I tried different flies and they all got hits and fish, yet the fish were only Rainbows. No one has caught cutts on flies as far as I know. Also, for some reason the rainbows weren't interested in lures.
[signature]
Excellent!!! Did you save some for me???[url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag(':/')"][unsure][/url]. Sunday is still an uncertainty but if I do show it will be later in the day and I'll be shorebound. How late do you plan on staying?
[signature]
Could we all start using the term URBAN FISHERY instead of Willow pond. I would bet that the DWR is stocking all the urban fishing holes the same as Willow and it may take some pressure off the pond so that more kids can catch a few.

Not slamming anyone and don't want to offend, just hate to see our posts be the cause of overfishing by persons that keep every fish no matter what size or what the limits are.
[signature]
I am probably going to be staying til 4-5 pm. Smile I love love days on pineview.
[signature]
Good idea. I spoke with one of my colleges @ the DWR and they told me they are done stocking for the year with the exception of a couple small stocking @ a couple more urban ponds.

So from this point forward I myself will be on a strict catch and release mission so others may enjoy the fish.

Good thinking chief.

Cheers.
[signature]
CBR, this is off the subject but after reading your posts I just have to ask; are you English or Australian?? Just curious from some of the terms you use. Sorry to get off the subject and by the way, I am always jealous at the amount of time you have to spend fishing. Thanks for all the reports, it makes the non-fishing days bearable for the rest of us.
[signature]