Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Producer Mods
[unsure] I made some changes on my Producer Lures by changing to a better split ring and Mustad #6 Trebles. Will it matter much if I used #4 split rings instead of #3? AFDan52
[signature]
[size 3]I doubt that it will matter much at all. You added about .06" more length to the hooks by going to the next size split rings. Check to see if the hooks can hook up on each other or how easily the front hook catches on the line. I really don't think there will be any trouble. You my have to "tune up" your lure depending if it's swimming straight after the rebuild. Make sure and check it out before just sending it back to troll.

I use a size 2 saltwater split ring which is about the same size as the originals. I would also recommend using #6 2X saltwater trebles. I've had wipers bend regular Mustad and Eagle Claw replacement trebles. I have not had one 2X hook bend yet. JMHO....... [/size]
[signature]
Bear lake mack is right. Do what ever you want to any lure, just make sure it doesnt screw with the action when its in the water. As long as it is running true and not doing loop de loops you should be ok.
[Smile] Thanks for the info BLM, any idea where I can get some of that salt water gear?I just want to make sure that I have things right before I go to the water, know what I mean.

AFDan52
[signature]
Did you check the bigfishtackle.com superstore. I betcha they got it[Wink]
[signature]
[crazy] Duh, it's been a long week.

Thanks T.
[signature]
But arent that all when you work for the military?? [cool][Tongue]
[signature]
Yea, you got that right, TGIF= Thank God I Fish. LOL
[signature]