Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear Lake Country Club (Idaho - Report) 10-16-04
I ran home for the weekend and helped my Dad setup his FC4 tube and fishfinder, rod racks, microwave oven, and satalite dish. We buzzed down to Clear Lakes for his "shake down cruise."

I fished off the dock as I had my 2 youngest with me while Dad cruised around. Word has it that they have recently re-stocked Clear Lakes and I could see several nice fish cruising around. It wasn't the best time to be out because it was around 2 p.m.

I was using a full sink line with an olive dragon fly nymph and caught a fat 18" female. It was fun because I cast directly to a cruising fish (the water clarity is unbelievable) and watched it follow and take the fly. She then proceded to spray roe all over me as I was trying to release her.

The kids got to "pet a fish" and Dad had a good time on his new craft.

The word is out though on them restocking the lake. Several outfits from far away as Boise were there. I talked with several folks as they beached their crafts. Several had kept their 2 fish limit and there wasn't a fish smaller than 18-20inches in the bunch.

Good luck if you go and catch a few for me!
[signature]
He liked it a lot. More importantly, it got the thumbs up from Mom as she will be able to relax more now. He had been using the same doughnut for the last 10 or more years. It was time for him to upgrade. He was running out of patches for his old tube anyway[crazy].
[signature]