Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers in the RAIN
[left]Hey you guys should try my technique when its raining or after a cold front conditions,try trolling right up on the shelf in 5 to 6ft of water over by the light pole,west dike,start about 300yrds to the south of the light pole,trolling south until you stop catching fish,flip around and troll back,2.5-3.0mph.on the fish finder speed.GPS is around 4.0mph.try it,learned alot from you guys and wanted to give you one of my techniques,oh yea using the blue/white belly modified prism shad.they only dive about 4ft at that speed with 10lb fireline,at about 75ft back.hope,this helps someone catch some fish.TIGHT LINES.[/left] [left]Tony[Wink][/left]
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. I caught tons of smallmouth during a rain storm a couple years back on the north dike doing the same thing. Man, I was right up against the dike, dang near had my pole touchin rocks a couple times. Trolling jigs in very shallow water. It wouldnt work in the wind. You would just wind up in the rocks. But a calm winded rain storm will find me there again someday.
Hey Predator, I thought you were hunting today? I finally got my boat back. Took it on a test run this afternoon for a couple hours at Willard. I wasn't even planning on fishing, but the young man I invited to come along to see if the boat was repaired brought his pole along. Believe it or not -- he caught 3 wipers on a rainbow Rapala. I didn't expect to even catch a fish today, with the weather being so lousy, but to catch three on that lure was really a surprise. The Suburban goes in the shop for a week or so, so now I have a repaired boat, and my tow car is being repaired!

Kent
[signature]