Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Cnyon Report 10-23-04
fished east canyon this morning with theekillerbee out of the swampyankee. started out about 7am water temp was a blistering 50* trolled over by the dam trolled 1-1.5mph we used f7 perch flatfish, rainbow kokeneekings and green apexes and caught about equal number of fish on each, tipped with nightcrawlers. total boated for the day was 21 trout. the wind pushed us off the water about 10am.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red] Hey Petty, how big are they running up to East canyon now?[/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000] AFDan52[/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
most of them we caught where 10-15 inches
[signature]
It was a nice morning to be fishing. Only a breeze for the first couple hours. No rain either. Always nice to catch a bunch of fish! Didn't hear all that many gunshots either. I was a little surprised, as opening morning usually sounds like a war.
[signature]
Good to hear fishing is fast there. I think I will float it during the week if the weather lets up.

At Lincoln Beach the hunt was on. Loads of gunfire and I was snooping the radio channels listening to the hunters and they were getting into the bucks pretty good.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Jason. Good to hear you guys finally got into 'em this time. Were the fish close to the surface, or were you guys using downriggers, (or as you call it) donkey@#$'s ? If so, how far down were they? I should have spent the night on your couch and gone fishin' with you two. Especially since you got off the lake at 10. That would have worked out great. It was fun painting jigs at your pad last night. Tight lines!!
[signature]
We caught a few near the surface, but the Donkey was by far the way to go. Most fish came from the 25-35 foot range. Jason didn't bring the riggers with him on this trip.
[signature]
Good report, did you guys try the south side? Has the water level come up much?
[signature]
we only fished by the dam, water level is at the pulll off on the ramp.
[signature]
Did you hear a lot of shooting up there?
[signature]
i was fishing not hunting
[signature]
I was just curious to know if there was a lot of shooting up there because we heard a lot of shooting in the mountain above Bear lake on Saturday. And yes we were fishing also.
[signature]
There wasn't a lot of shooting going on. Of course all the land up there is private, so I'm sure there weren't as many hunters as would be on public lands.
[signature]
"[size 1]Jason didn't bring the riggers with him on this trip. "[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Two perfectly good riggers collecting dust in the shop!! I do not know why he does not use them more. If I had them I would use them! Hint hint! LOL[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Glad you too had a good day on the water. I wasn't able to join ya because of other (non fishing) plans at home. Maybe next time.[/size]
[signature]