Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Fish Leaded Line?
I am going down to Fish Lake this week. I borrowed a trolling pole with the leaded line from a friend. We will have aboat but I was wondering, what tips I needed to know.

Thanks for the library of info you guys are! I can't even count how many fishing memories I have made with the family from stuff I learned on here!
[signature]
What kind of info are you looking for? As far as how much leaded line to let out, here is what I do, if I'm marking fish at 30ft, I let out 3 or 4 colors depending on how fast I'm trolling. I usually start at one color for every 10ft I want to go down, then I let out 1/2 more color at a time until I start catching fish. I hope this helps. WH2
[signature]
Not a leaded line expert but I have tried it once. Basically the more line you let out the deeper your bait. The depth to line ratio??? Beats me!!! If someone can anwer that or if you search for leaded line info on the web all you need to do is detirmine how deep you want your bait and let out the appropriate length of line.
[signature]
bigben1 your question was pretty general but I will try to give you some basics. Lead core line is generally divided in 10 yard amounts with different colored outer covering. The slower you troll the deeper it sinks. When I fish at fish Lake I generally start with 4 colors of line out and adjust from there. I usually fish at about 1 mile per hour. I figure I will add 6-7 feet in depth for every color of line that is out. Watch your electronics and look at the depths of most of the fish. The macks should have finished spawning and they could be at any depth. The rainbows will be mostly in the top 30 feet. Be careful on the ramps they face to the north and are usually covered with ice. I heard a report of 8-10 inches of snow as of last friday afternoon at the lake. Be careful and give us a report of how it went. gshorthair
[signature]
I FISH IT SPILCED IN WITH MY MONO. BUT WHAT I DO IS CALLED BOTTOMS UP. LET LINE OUT UNTILL I START FEELING BOTTOM THEN REEL IN TILLN I START CATCHING THE MARKED FISH. AS I REEL IN I COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES I REELED. THEN JUST LET IT BACK OUT REEL IN THE AMOUNT OF REELS AND IM BACK IN THE FISH.
[signature]
How do you keep from getting moss on your hooks or snagging up?
[signature]