Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake 10-23-24-2004
Spent the weekend up to Bear lake with my 13 yr old daughter and my dad. We fished on Saturday from about 10:30 till 1:00 pm. We fished right out from the marina. It was pretty windy. We marked a fair number of fish, However failed to pick any thing up. Dad and my daughter got a little cold from the wind and rain so we called it a day.

After a good nights sleep in the cabin, We hit it again Sunday morning and found the weather much nicer. We headed out at around 9:30 and headed for the rock pile. We trolled around the area and fished until around 1:00 pm. My daughter had the pleasure of boating one mac around the 7-8 lb range. She was pumped! She caught one last year that was around 12 lb. Marked alot of fish and noticed the fish stacked like some of the previous threads stated. The fish caught Sunday was on a U-20 Flatfish. Silver with some gold and red. I have been unable to find anymore like it anywhere.! This flatfish is looseing the paint and has caught alot of fish up there. I will keep searching for somemore.

There were three other boats out at the same time as us. One boat, A silver or white and blue crestliner, You guys did really good. Sorry if we got to close to anyone, Dad was driving and sometimes he thinks he owns the whole lake. Looking foreward to getting back up there really soon. In agree, I don't think that the big fish have come in yet. I will be up more thru end of November, December area. Have to fill my other daughters and mine cow elk tags. Hopefully can fish and hunt the same weekend. I will try and attach my daughters photo of her fish. After the photo it was released to swim away for another kid to hopefully enjoy reeling in like my daughter did.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Rileyfish, and welcome to BFT!
[signature]
Great report. Sound like your daughter is quite the fisherman. A lot of gals have the touch when it comes to fishing. Good to have you on the boards. Thanks for the report and best wishes.
[signature]