Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What?....No hunting thread?
I can't remember if the occasional non-fishing thread was still allowed.

I'm surprised a deer hunting thread hasn't been started yet. I had a great time this last weekend and I'm sure many others have also. Even though the weather was wet and cold my hunt was great. I have not yet put the hammer down but that is only a matter of time. I saw more deer in one day than I've seen the last few years combined. The only small buck I saw was a two point 200 yds off my back porch. The rest of the bucks sighted raised my blood pressure into the danger levels. Unfortunately, they were just beyond an accurate shot range and I had to pass up. The only hunters I saw were several miles away, not one other person has been hunting the area I'm in so I'm still optomistic that I'll get what I want.

Are there any other stories waiting to be told?
[signature]
My girlfriend shot a 20" 3-point at about 400 yards...of course I had to gut the thing and drag it down the mountain.
[signature]
There is a thread on the off topic board, but I'm still waiting to see some pics.
[signature]
Maybe you should do like my dad did. When us kids started hunting and fishing with him, he lived by the rule you kill it you clean it.But he was from the old school, but I do know how to clean anything. I just don't choose to hunt anymore, that is for my kids and they know if they kill it they clean it.
[signature]