Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tough enough for a float this weekend?
I'm thinking about hitting Lincoln beach in the morning in the pontoon if anyone is interested. I've got Friday and Saturday off. Someone could probably talk me into Saturday instead of/ as well, but saturday would have to be early AM and off before noon. Need to spend a little time with the family. Also, does anyone know if provo boat harbor has enough water to launch in, I've been reading good reports coming from there, but have never fished it.
[signature]
Utah Lake has come up about 6" in water level from my observations the last 2 weeks , but Provo Harbor is not very deep . Maybe 2 to 3 feet deep off the points . I did see some duck hunters in a flat bottom boat motor in yesterday to the marina and 2 weeks ago I think they couldn't have made it to the marina ramps .
[signature]
[cool]Phil, TubeDude, Tubebabe, myself, and maybe a couple of others are heading out there on Saturday early a.m. till mid day or so (depending on the w). I think Tubedude talked about the trip on the thread he started that says LAUNCHING POINTS AT LINCOLN BEACH or something along those lines. We'd love to have you along again like at the flotilla (myself included, in case my valves leak again[Tongue]). Maybe we should all meet at Harmons again, or in the boat launch/bathrooms parking lot. We were thinking of launching around first spring this time, so we won't have to kick so far over to where the good fishing should be (around the springs).

I'm sure Pat will respond to your thread tomorrow. Fishing should be GREAT!! Can't wait. Saturday is supposed to be the only decent weather day for a little while (rain/snow Friday, and snow in the valley on sunday). Good Luck!!
[signature]
there is a possibility that I will head there tomorrow, but I am thinking of hitting provo first. Sat. am I may also be available depending on the weather,
jed
[signature]
I was there this afternoon while it was raining/snowing and windy from 3-5:30 pm at the first spring where I caught 8 white bass and a walleye. Because of the strong winds, I fished only in my waders and left my tube in my truck.

Those springs are definitely steaming! I put my hand in there and it was about 85 degrees and the water was running into the lake, where the fish are stacked up. There were three other guys out there who were really getting into fish too. One of them got a 25 inch walleye whereas mine was only 21 inch and quite slender.

The other two springs were steaming and running clear into the lake so I imagine there are fish stacked up too.

I will be there saturday morning to have a go at it again. I am excited to see you guys again! See ya saturday!
[signature]
[cool]Wow, that's great news. Thanks for the report, Paul. I didn't get to meet you last time. You got there after me, and left before me, and i was out a little deeper than you were when you were hanging out with Tubedude and the others. Glad you got into some fish today!
[signature]
Alright, you guys and the weather just talked me into waiting until saturday. Harmons is just a little out of my way, so I will meet everyone under the big light at the main parking lot around 7:00. Got me a new radio and I'll be on channel 12. See you all bright and early in the morning.
[signature]
[cool]Meet ya'll there at the parking lot at 7. Can't wait to get into some of them toothy monsters!
[signature]
I've checked the weather about four times in the last two days and everytime I check it, the forcast seems to be getting better and better. Chance of rain has dropped to 10% and "W" is down to 5 mph. I'm getting excited. I've been looking forward to a rematch with that 10#er that I was sooo close to landing last time.
[signature]
I can't make it this weekend. Headed to Vegas in an hour. But--if the weather cooperates (or if we can get Pat to do his dance) I would be open anytime next weekend. Al
[signature]
[cool]Awesome! Can't wait to see those bad boys. I'm getting ready to string some 6lb test on my reel right now. Should make a difference in feeling those Walleye hits vs. the 12 stuff I had on last time. I got my fish forula shad oil in, too, so I can't wait to see how that stuff helps! Got some crawdad oil too. Can't wait to try that at Scofield, Strawberry and Jordy through the ice this winter!
[signature]