Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report (10/30)
I fished from off cisco beach this morning from 10-12. SKUNKED!! [crazy] I saw a handful of other shore fisherman who were not having any success either. In addition, I talked to some who were passing by fishing on a boat and they too were getting skunked. Anyone have any luck??
[signature]
I'm going tomorrow 10/31 (weather permitting) I'll post how I did.
[signature]
I have inside info on some nice ones caught today via cell report . It is a shame I couldn't go with them today . I really wanted to , really really want to . [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I saw MGB and fish1on today and fish1on was grinnin' from ear to ear. I'll let him tell the story. I'm sure that was the cell call you're mentioning. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Rock pile fishing was good today till the wind came up. We caught fish up to 12lbs and missed more than I wish to admit. I also talked to BearLakeFishGuy and he slayed them trolling Cisco Beach today. Nothing big reported from him but the numbers were very good. Look at his report he posted a day or two ago. Trolling shallow seems to be the key over there. Try the big spinners along with the flatfish.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The float tude shindig next weekend at Cisco could be good fishing if the weather will hold. 8-15 ft seems to be the key right now. If you'd like to have a good chance at some decent fish, don't miss this trip.[/size][/font]
[signature]
How deep of water were you fishing?
[signature]
Thanks for the report BLM, are there any pictures to go along with it? What time did the wind come up today? If this year is anything like last year, next weekend will be even better.
[signature]
Fished the marina Sat eve from 8-12 pm. I caught three fish in all this being the biggest. My best guess length & weight was 30-31", weight 9 lbs. The next biggest was 28-29" Weight 8 lbs. I also caught one pup. I lost one more that was bigger than any of the other three.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Kent, we moved around up and off the rock pile. MGB and fish1on anchored up in several places. Last I saw them, there were on the back side of the pile towards the Sweetwater condos. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Kurt, The wind came up around 11:30-12:00. Sorry no pictures this trip. There were guys who didn't catch any fish all day out there. Others caught a lot of fish. A Lund out there caught a lot of fish.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I ended up towing some guy all the way from Gus' Point to the marina. They had been using an electirc to fish and when they decided to leave they tried to start their main motor but the battery was dead. The wind was blowing them out to the middle of the lake and they were trying to start the motor with a pull rope with no luck. We decided to go check on them before they ended up in South Eden. We couldn't leave them so we called it a day and towed them back.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
That was good of you to tow them guys. I know the guy that owns the boat and he could of called me on my cell phone but for some reason he did'nt. I did'nt notice they where having problems. I seen you towing him so I called him asked what the problem was and offered him my extra battery.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]It was no biggie. I'd want someone to help me if I had problems too. Goes to show a simple problem can turn to a biggie real quick. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We were heading up to BL on Friday and blew a transmission line that drained the trans of all fluid. We came to a stop right on a curve with no shoulder but the river. It was an accident waiting to happen. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]A guy stopped and towed us to a pullout, both the boat and truck, to get us off the road. We had no cell service but a[/size][/black][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]nother fine person gave us a ride all the way to Logan to get a tow truck. It's good to know there are all kinds of decent people who will help out when someone is needing it.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]