Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denied the right to vote
I am PO'd today and just have to vent.
I got up early this morning to go vote. Went to my polling place, signed by my name and was waiting for a booth to open to cast my vote when a lady sitting at the table says sir have you moved? I said yes. Because I have moved a few blocks down the street even though I am a registered voter they denied me the vote.
So today I am saying a big screw you to this democracy or should I say bureaucracy.
[signature]
Bummer dude. It's all a government plot. I guess you'll just have to go fishing instead.
[signature]
sorry to hear that i wish you could have voted i don't like the whole idea of having to register to vote anyways. even thou i am just seems like a bunch of bs and another way to spend money. Best of luck to you
[signature]
Go to: mypollingplace.com and enter your address. It should give you another voting location based on your newest address. In addition, you might be able to request a provisional ballot which allows you to vote and the validation of your vote happens after the election. Only problem is that I hear some of these ballots (provisional) may not get counted at all depending on the voting results. Sorry to hear about the negative experience. Especially since all you were trying to do was exercise your right.. I hope it all works out for you..
[signature]
I'll give you my "I VOTED" sticker for a discount in your store.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the info Bearclaw, I have been hearing about all the hoops I have to jump through for a vote that may not count now. apearently I need to take a utility bill along too.

Way to rube it in Mateo-price for you just doubled.[sly]
[signature]