Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Bass Fishing" for trout?!?!
I thought I would never see the day until I saw hustler898 working a texas-rigged white senko and absolutely slaying the Cutts. biggest one was 22 inches long.

Photo of the proof will be attached as soon as I pick my laptop up from the repair shop.
[signature]
Ask Tomegun... he uses bass tackle on those slimerockets... and he's done it at strawberry!
[signature]
[purple]We been catching big troutskis with senkos for years. Its just not cost effective to use a perfect good senko on food. Big trout like big eats ie senkos, jerkbaits, and crankbaits.[/purple]
[signature]
[sly] NUTTIN NEW
[signature]
This is no joke, about 2 weeks ago I was drop shotting a 4" senko right on top of a submerged tree and a 21" rainbow trout latches onto it. Never thought I would see that happen[shocked]
[signature]
First time I have seen it done. Not too shabby!

[Image: IMGP0806.sized.jpg]

Above Cutthroat measured 20 inches.
[signature]
Wich colors and sizes of senko's do you trout slayers like the best, or would like to try. Let me know and I will get some made, and give some BFT members a chance to test some new colors for trout.
[signature]
I just got back from playing with the cutts for an hour and they were hitting white consistently along with a pumpkinseed color.

Al was getting em on white 3 inch senkos.
[signature]
I can't imagine that there isn't any slime rocket fishermen out there that wouldnt want to try some different colored stick worms for free.[cool] Oh well you loose !!!! [pirate]
[signature]
Man just saw the post I'll try them out. Light colors seem to elicit more strikes. They probably see them better. Plus would give me a chance to test drive the infamous Maniac lures. Never tried anything larger than a 3" for trout but 4's and 5's would probably work fine just sell chance of a hookup I think. Send them on over Maniac!!!![url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]

For some reason my brain seems to filter out free goodies, probably why I always seem to miss out.

I would definately be glad to try some new colors.

Some ideas I would like to see are a light colored pearl with purple speckles, and even a pearl purple colored one using mostly a cream color dye mixed with a purple keeping it more on the lighter colored side.

Also some ideas to try would be doing half and half dyeed variations, for example. Half of one purple, other half white, or half chartreuse, other half white, etc, etc.

Wink

[reply]I can't imagine that there isn't any slime rocket fishermen out there that wouldnt want to try some different colored stick worms for free.[cool] Oh well you loose !!!! [pirate][/reply]
[signature]
Hey man, I got dibbs [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]. How about pearl with red flakes, they seem to key in on the red dots. Something with more salt so it will be heavier and sink a bit faster. Maybe a "chubby version".
[signature]
Ok people what about salt who wants salt and how much? Do you specify no salt, regular salt heavy salt or we can go with light salt. And don't forget scent options are shad, crawfish, garlic or no scent. I need to know as soon as possible because I am going to be building a new shop to work out of, and will be shut down for a month or so. thanks for the replies
james
[signature]
I am looking at making twister/curl tail grubs. I make some 4" curl tail grubs in some custom colors, that me and a few friends use for bass and wipers, but I am not set up for mass production yet. I am working on it though. possibly by spring I will be in production. Those of you who have shown intrest in trying some stick worms please send me a P.M with your address and what you want. I am going to limit it to the first five people. sorry but I have to stop somewhere.[Sad]
[signature]
Ok, Heres something I would like to try but not sure of how fast it would sink. How about heavy salt with Shad scent for starters. Correct me if I'm wrong but the heavy salt will also make the plastic less durable? May not be appropriate if thats the case but I guess thats why we get to test it and find out. The two colors I would like to try are pearl with some flashy colored flakes purple would be nice and a more natual/ darker color like green pumpkin.
[signature]
How about it Infamous one are we sending you a sample? I will send to one more who will it be? if a couple of you out there live close to each other then we can save me some shipping cost and possibly ship to more than five people.
[signature]
Heavy salt helps with getting multiple hits, if they miss they tend to hit it again. Shad and garlic sound like some winners. Making some without salt or flavoring would be cool too. Give em more durability. Some of these salt impregnated plastics I use I find they are a bit weaker and get destroyed after a couple catches or even destroyed on the first fish nipping or ones with a toothy mouth.

Hope this helps a bit.

THANKS!
[signature]
I have been bass fishing for Cut's for a couple of years and it has became my new passion. Here are a couple of pictures from this Fall at the Berry. I use a white 4" tube .
apsbass1
[signature]
Great looking fish. Also impressed that you can fish in "all white" and it appears that it is still "all white".
[signature]
Nice fish! those tubes work well for trout and just about anything else. I have been catching trout on tubes for probably twenty five years. It's kind of funny that it took so long to catch on with the trout fishermen. I even catch trout on curl tail grubs,crankbaits and yes even 1/2 oz spinnerbaits sometimes. Trout prey on minnows and crawfish alot so it really isn't surprising that we catch them on traditional bass lures. After all, alot of bass lures look like minnows and crawfish.
[signature]