Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD REPORT 9/12
Today was the day guys,took a friend and his brother out,On the water at 7:30AM,on the fish at 8:00AM,Trolled the west dike just south of the light pole again,biols all around us all morning,caught 5 fish by nine and shortly after my electric died,decided to us some advice BLM had given me and started casting to the shoreline instead of trolling,and lets just say I am no longer going to troll for wipers,we caught over 50 fish easy,alot of nice 3 to 4lbers,We where using the prism shade with the flashabu tails I tied up,Man that was the funnest day I have had out there,fished alot of biols and alot of shoreline,You guys have to go try the west dike in the morning,fish bust'n everywhere tell about 11:00AM,Then we fished the shorline tell we had to go,We caught fish tell around 4:00PM,A few guys trolling and catching a few fish here and there,did see 1 boat jiging or somthing,dont know if they where catching anything to far away from us to see,If you need anymore info let me know.

The cloudy weather helped keep the bite going,as soon as the sun came out they slowed but where still in the area,and hitting if you casted close to the shorline.

TIGHT LINES

Tony
[signature]
[size 4]A warning to all, My uncle just ripped the prop off his boat at willard. Go out and catch fish, but if your boat goes 60 mph be careful, a new prop and repair to your lower unit is very expensive. Thanks for the excellent report tony. Willard is not the only water that is low right now, all of them are. [/size]
Sorry to hear that,Predator.

was it near any of the areas we know about.

Thanks for any info.

Tony
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like you hit it just right. We have had some good days with overcast low barometeric pressure. It seems like that is the hot ticket sometimes. That's what I was thinking when I posted the "Is today the day" post. I hope it is still going strong tomorrow. We're headed out in the morning to give it a go. That was a great report to hear; thanks for sharing![/size][/font]
[signature]
No Problem,I just wish I would have saved the jiuce in my electric,there was a few Biols I could have got into if I would have had the electric to get close enough.Oh well I know better now.That part of the dike has been holding fish for months,and always produces for me,I should have been casting over there before,They are right up by the rocks,to about 10' off the dike.

Tight Lines,Tommorow

Tony
[signature]
[size 4]Hey fishinfool, have you ever thought about selling your electric and getting a 36 volt? I bet it would be pretty tough to wear one of them out in a day. Also, the bass pro's swear by those evertroll batteries, one battery will go for ever between charges, so they claim. At six hundred dollars a battery, you had better hope so. But with as much as you like to be on that electric it may be worth looking in to. My bow mount is just a 24 volt but I only ever run it off one battery and have never run it out in a day. Heck, It took me five days at the gorge with no recharge to run one battery down this summer. It really surprises me that you run it down as fast as you do. I am headed to starvation today and will post a report when I get back sunday. [/size]
No Predator I could never get reed of my auto pilot,It is 24V and does a great job when trolling for trout the problem is the speed I'm trying to troll for the wipers,I do have a 5HP mariner,but have never got a trolling plate installed on my boat yet,I've learned alot about wipers on this board and some things when I'm on the water,Should just get better from here on out,water temp was 66 down from over 70 last week,I also think my batteries are getting tired I have had them for almost 7 yrs now,Maybe it time to get new ones.

Tight Lines

Tony[Wink]
[signature]
Hey Tony,

Why would you need a trolling plate for a 5 horse outboard?

Kent
[signature]
Sorry,I meant a way to hook my five horse to the boat,my transom is taken up fully by the big motor,I guess you where thinking the trolling plates they put on the big motor,there would be no reason to put a trolling plate on my five horse,[Wink].

TIGHT LINES,Tony
[signature]
Mike its hard to run down that electric when that 15 horse is the only engine that runs[Smile]
[signature]