Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids paintball games
My kids new found sport is paintball. Do any of you have kids involved in this? I am thinking of getting my boy his own gear instead of renting. Any advise and recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
[signature]
I have done it a time or 2, my advise to you is buy quality, you kid will need it and he will appreate having the good stuff
[signature]
I use to do it all the time and have all my gear very nice pump gun and very nice face sheild i will sell u for 75 bucks still looks brand new pm me if intrested well send pics
[signature]
Thanks for the offer but I have till xmass to do some research on what type and style gun to get. I no nothing about it so I will have to get educated before I buy.
[signature]
Glad to hear your boy is having fun playing paintball. My brothers and I play all the time with friends and cousins. The cost of equipment has come down a lot over the past few years. There are a lot of inexpensive simi autos on the market that are great to get started with. Most are based on the Pirana and Spyder both are great guns. My biggest recommendation is to get the 200 round hopper and a full, solid, hard face mask. One lucky shot in the wrong area of some of the small soft ones and mom will never want him to play again. It really can hurt and you look pretty bad for awhile. Had a mark for 3 months once. With his own equipment he can learn what his marker can and can't do making him a better player. It also can be fun to put your own personal touch on your gun reflecting your personality. Remind him when people abuse there markers away from games it makes it much harder on the rest of us to have places to play. Hope he has a great Christmas and you might just try playing with him sometime. You might find you need your own marker to play.
Funny, I just spent a little time yesterday on a paintball forum. I found that the majority of guys recommend a Tipmann A-5 marker. They say it's one of the best buys out there and problem free gun. I looked some up for fun and they run about $125 for the marker and add another $50 or so for a package. A full face mask is the way to go, I've played in the past with a less than full mask and it is not fun. Gloves are also recommended, one shot on the knuckles and swear words are sure to follow.
[signature]
You may want to check out the army surplus store on Redwood in Taylorsville, last time I was there they seemed to have a good variety of products.
[signature]
I will go the other way, DO NOT buy your kids a paintball gun unless they are extremely responsible.

We bought our teenager a Tipman A-5 when he turned 13 and it was a big mistake. Him an his friends were not using their guns just for paintball and we had a lot of trouble with him following the rules. We finally took the gun away and locked it up. It remains there to this day.

I would suggest that if your kids want to do paintball then rent them the guns when you go to the course.
[signature]
Great info and suggestions!!

My boy is 11 and he has had a crossman 760 BB/pellet gun for a few years now and is very responsible with it. The paint ball stuff will not leave the house or locked cabinet for anything other than going to an area to join an organized game.

I may start him out with the less expensive equipment and a high end, quality full face mask. If he stays with it then I will be willing to invest in better equipment.
[signature]