Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fact or Fiction (Ice Safety)
Statement

There is a point during mid winter when the ice is 100% safe.
[center]Fact or Fiction?[/center]
[signature]
The only safe ice I can think of during winter is the ice cubes in the freezer. And sometimes I wonder if those are safe for consumption.
[signature]
no way, there are so many variables that go into effect when determining whether ice is safe or not. There are also so many things that can happen.
[signature]
Nope Dave, too many variables.
[signature]
Fiction - Ice conditions, quality and thickness, vary too much throughout a body water. Add in inlets, outlets and warm springs into the mix and it all adds up to fiction.

F4F

-Ice Fishing Tip of the Day- Always invite someone heavier than you and follow them! [crazy]
[signature]
[cool] every one scores an "A" on this test. other than on a ice rink with the muppits on perade there is no such thing as safe ice.... [cool]

As reported by our most skilled anglers here there are to many variables and all precautions should be taken no matter what time of year it is...

Thanks for every ones partisipation... hope you all will take part in future ice fishing safety test....
[signature]
I read a sign on a rifle stand at a rifle range once. It read: "All of these guns are loaded. Empty guns kill people." I believe the same to be true of ice, 100% safe ice kills people. This is a great way to look at always being safe and never get complacant.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I Disagree. [Sad][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The 100% safest ice is usually when I step on the ice (in door rink) just before my hockey game starts, which would also be just before the other team comes on. [angelic][cool][/size][/font]
[signature]
No water underneath that ice[Tongue].. Good one though..[cool]
[signature]