Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who bagged a fur burger?
well its second day of deer camp, you know how the song goes,

so who all has bagged them a buck or doe this season?
[signature]
I bagged the groceries for deer camp otherwise 0 for 0 m on the hunting side. Zero shot Zero seen. Nice weather though! Bring on the ice!!!!!
[signature]
I saw a looker monday, I couldnt make out what it was so I guess I cant count him as seeing one, tuesday I was cleaning every one elses deer after replacing the starter on the truck and an electrical swicth that killed the starter.

I drove by my stand yesterday and saw a deer standing there just grazing and having a grand old time right in my spot while I was away. so he dont count eather....

today I got up at 5 am to drive 12 minutes to my hunting spot by 7 am, I got out there around 11 am.. sat till 4pm in the rain, and nothin.....well almost nothin, I saw a black squril on my way in....
[signature]
I'm seeing (dodging ) a bunch of burger in the headlights , LOL !!!
I'm still on a 7 day work schedule , had to cancel my day off for last monday too so my helper could take his boy out for his first hunt .
other guys at the shop have bagged small racks , but one lady's girl got a 8 point (165 lbs. dressed out ) on her first hunt .
maybe i can get out for some late bow , if this weather holds up .
wheres the snow ??????
[signature]
[center][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][/center][left]I trotted off in to the woods yesterday, got to my parking spot and began to prepare to go out when another hunter pulls in with a foren coupe and ask me where to hunt, I didnt mind that so much, it was what he did after words that got me bothered, he put on his orange hat, grabbed his gun, grabbed his cup of coffee, and grabbed a bag of what looked like could have been a sandwich.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]this dosnt sound all that bad, done that many times my self. but let me fill you in with a little more detail. his coffee cup what a 16 ounce white styrofome cup, his bag was a white plastic bag, the jacket he was waring when he got out of the car was the same jacket he went in to the woods with, what was bad about that you might ask, it was a brown swade football jersy with snow white sleaves..... and he was walking past my sittin spot when he went in and would have to walk past it on the way back out.... need I say more?[/left] [left] [/left] [left]not wanting to have any thing to do with him or be any whre near him I headed in the opisite direction of my sitting spot. I had not entered the feild a 100 feet when I saw me a doe. 41 yards standing still braudside. all the time in the world to aim and shoot.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I drew beed on the lung-heart-lung and pulled the trigger and watched in amazement as the deer darted back and forth as it passed over the hill. there was no point in fireing a second round due to the fact there was no clear shot after words.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I sat and waited for 15 minutes and then walked over to where the deer was standing. I measured the distance with my garmin at 125 feet.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I figured there was no way I could have missed at this distance, yet not a single drop of blood. still I can remember shooting deer before that never left a drop of blood only to go a hundred yeards and drop dead.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I spent the rest of the day walking the deer trails looking for the deer. I know if I had hit it it would be laying on the trail as I have found many bow kills that had not been found.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]nothing!!!! [/left] [left] [/left] [left]With this doe getting away, that makes the third deer in as many shots that have gotten away from me with this gun. there are no ajustable sites on the gun so there is nothing to set. still I have lost all cofidence in the gun to preform.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I am taking it out to the range to find out exactly where the gun is shooting,,,, on a deer hunting day.....when I shold be out in the woods, well actualy carvening up steaks.....[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I dont know weather to be mad at the gun or myself.... [mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad] but I am going to find out......[/left] [left] [/left] [left]if it is the gun it is going to the shop to have sites mounted, if it is not the gun then it is back out to the woods I go to find the deer cause when I pull the triger I dont miss.....[/left] [left] [/left]
[signature]
had me a shotgun once that had a strange quirk to it .as you know if a shotgun is off it's usually up or down . mine was from side to side due to a untempered spot near the mussle . spent a good part of duck season not dropping a dinner at all .
saw a can on the canal bank and shot at it from about 30 feet away , i missed it by about 4 feet . that gun went strait to the flea market the following weekend .
hope is's a problem ya' can get fixed real soon dave , or ya' better check them deer out for kevlar coats , lol !
i remember seeing two guys one rifle season (young guys ) , one in full camo , the other in a black ninga outfit . gave them the hunter orange law lowdown during the afternoon , later that evening actually drew a bead on the ninga kid a mile away from our first encounter at dusk that night . lucky for us both i make sure i know what i'm shooting before i pull the trigger .
we had the coast guard searching the woods by the roscommon /clare boarder for a lost hunter friday , don't know if they found him or not . it was a bad day to be lost , temps dropped fast and rain set in quick about dusk .
i heard they found the remains of a hunter in the u.p. , been gone for 2 years . i hope the family can find some peace now .
2 hunters had heart attacks and died up our way , some kid got a stray 30 30 shot from one side of his nose to the other .
i'm hearing all these fishing reports from the houghton lake area and it has me stumped , i was at a hotel on the lake for the weekend and never saw one danged boat out on the water from my 4th floor room (family event ). saw plenty of ducks , seagulls and geese . maybe the other guys fishing reports are for the birds , lol !!!!!!!
[signature]
you and I both know from lookin out our windows or for that matter just looking at the calender that the bite was off, that is unless they are fishing for walleyes...

sounds like they are wanting a few hunters to leave the woods so them deer will come back in to the woods insted of camping under the bird feeders....[laugh]

the gun is going in to the shop. it is shooting a foot low at 25 yards. so at 41 yards I was shooting under its belly....[unsure]

I emagine the barrol to receiver fit is off a bit, so to remidy it, I am going to have rifle sites mounted to the bridge on the barrol. this should take care of it once and for good... and if it dont I am going to rap it around a teliphone pole, I wont bother selling it because the person laying their hands on it might be hunting in the same woods as me...[shocked]
[signature]
I just heard the news from Wisconsin. What a horrible, horrible scene of carnage that must have been. What the heck is going on?
I have really tried to rear both my shildren in the fundamentals of being a good person; respectful, personable and honest. Both of them are athletes,a nd my son is a hunter.

After what I witnessed from the basketball court on Friday night, it's hard to imagine ever wanting to attend another professional game of any sort anywhere. After hearing of the massacre in Wisconsin, it will be very difficult to enter the woods with my son next year.

What have we come to in our society? I'm mad, I'm disgusted, and I can't take this anymore. Maybe we should boycott all pro sporting venues until the leagues clean up the behavior of these punks who are making millions of dollars and don't think the rules of humanity apply to them. I'm at a loss as to how we clean up the woods from these total idiots

How can anyone get that mad!!!!!I just needed to vent!!!!!!11
[signature]
you are not alone on this one,,,

those who are reveired as mentors and icons, are susposted to be above reproch. granted we are all human, but in his profession being able to take a little flack comes with the million dollar salery....

if he had let the palace police handle it those fans would have been arested. they cant hide from the vidio and every seat has a name on it. (who rented it for the night)

Pistons have had a long track of shuning the request of local schools inviting them to come and act as mentors. aperently they lack the finess, tho' the piston say it is a breach of contract of the piston franchise name... I used to think that it was that they were just greedy and wanted the $1500 dollars per hour for a single player aperance, after seeing frydays preformance I am leaning more twards the lack of education and refinement....

I thought I was dreaming this morning when I heard it, I was half asleap with the tube blasting. I saw on the news after the ball game they had arested the man who did the killing who was tresspasing on privet property and when confronted he fired killing 5 hunters and after running out of amunition he ran off in to the woods where the police cought up with him later today....

every man needs a hundred acres where he can go hide in to get away from the world.... even if it is just for a few hours....
[signature]
yea , they all sure have lost touch with sportsmanship and reality .
They should have the good sence my little brother posesses .
Not everyone has opening day off from work . Up here the kids get the day off from school .
My lil' brother went out to his stand opening day , setteled in and waited for daybreak . he didn't expect what came next .
opening day in the woods and the loggers came in 50 yards from his stand and started to get busy with there work , hacking down every tree in sight .
When he got back to the house he said , "there's always next year " .
little brother sat in his stand waiting for a deer to come by untill the loggers came over his way , he held out hope till the last minute .
[signature]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7331;][/center]
well I am up in the air on this one, I cant decide weather I got a rich mans 4 point or a poe' mans 6 point [crazy]
[signature]
that's one dandy buck , better than what i was able to get so far . 2-1/2 or 3-1/2 years old ? it looks like it from the picture .
i'll probably get the bow out sometime this week and give it a try .
congrats dave , awsome buck ! the sights must be dead on now ( pardon the pun ) .
[signature]
nope, I took this one with a 357 mag, same distance in almost the exact same spot. one shot, layed right down. I went for a spine shot in the neck just below the head.

sure makes a differance when you can walk out in the woods with a trusted fire arm....
[signature]
yep on the 3 1/5 year age,
I took him in last fryday to have him registered when I saw on the news that the deer counts were way down.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7396;"]here is a link to this years patch[/url]
[signature]
going to dunhams in midland tomorow after work for a punching bag , a christmass present for my youngest gal and myself (tae kwon do classes ).
i'm sure a mussleloader might just slip in the shopping cart by accident before i get to the cash register . tee hee hee .
[signature]
that will cirtailny extend the season a day or two, the down fall is you have to discharge it before bringing it in the house at the end of each day...

just removing the cap dose not make the gun harmless....
[signature]
i've done o bit of the ball and cap before . i usually pull the ball and save it in the lead bucket for sinker supplys . the powder is blown out with just the same amount of "bang" as if the shot was still in the firearm .
then it's cleaned , and three caps are fired off to dry out the barrel . i once forgot to dry out the barrel after the cleaning , loaded it and went hunting . when i took a shot only the cap went off and i had to sit for about 20 minutes waiting for it to possibly go off . after that was the really scary part , removing the ball . what if it was still smoldering ? kept going thru my head .
i was lucky , the powder had soaked up the cleaning soap residue and rendered the powder into a black muck .
i've heard of guys who wern't as lucky and had the ramrod blown thru different parts of there anatomy when preforming this task .
carpet sparks setting charges off , a careless smoker's ashes setting charges off , those brass powder horns blowing up from a static charge , gunpowder on the threads of powder horns ignighting while being screwed on .
yep , ya' can't take any shortcuts with any firearm , reguardless of it's design .
[signature]
hey there ya all!!
Well I'm back!! THE PINE SAVAGE OF THE NORTH!!!
Thinks have been real busy for me latley.
Glad to make it back. Missed ya all. I see there is alot of new things on the web site that I need to get caught up with.
Well I shoot a nice 8 pointer this year with my Bow
and with my gun I shoot a little 5 pointer up north. Did some nice fall steelhead fishing over late October and bagged a few geese.
Nice Buck Dave!!!
Well I gotta go.
I'll be back.
[signature]
well thank you.... and congradulation on yours as well...

and may I add its good to have ya back....
[signature]