Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-stroke Outboard Ban?
Does anyone know the real scoop on the ban of 2-strokes on "drinking water" lakes? Is there somewhere that I can get the official word on this? Last I heard is that the law has been passed but [size 1]implementation [/size]is still up in the air but some local boat shops are saying "don't worry about it, they can never enforce it" which is like saying don't worry about speeding on a lake, no one will ever pull you over .... yea, right!

Thanks a bunch,

--Ed
[signature]
[Image: Earthworm.gif] Actually my friend enforcing this law is much easer than one might think

[Image: Earthworm.gif] When the state is ready to start implementing this law state wide they will not renew any boats with out for stroke motors. For now the state of California is enforcing this law on certain lakes one being Lake Tahoe.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] Lake Tahoe has restricted the use of any 2 stroke motors.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] The 4 stroke moters are slowly replacing 2 stroke boat motors by a federal mandate to the industry to clean up the environment. I am seeing 4 stroke motors on the shelves here in Michigan where 2 strokes once stood. it is just a matter of time before all the 2 cycle motors will be fazed out and you will not be able to buy 2 cycle oil that is specifically made for boat motors and the parts needed for those motors will no longer be available.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] You may want to consider changing over on your own

[Image: Earthworm.gif] To do so will reduce the dumping of lead and mercury and other toxic contaminates that are directly pumped in to the water by the exhaust of the motors.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] As for me I use a ore and paddle where ever possible
[signature]