Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After we bailed on the Bear Lake trip we had our own party
So we bailed on the Bear Lake outin, call me a whimp, I can handle cold but not ugly cold. So Lundman, UncleRay and I had our own party on the water.

Sun up had us launching Craigs boat at Deer Creek, it was cold, but no wind, a nd a few clouds we ran up to the Norther most end of the lake and started trolling for walleyes, boated none, after changing lures several times we finally boated the first fish and nice little brown, but too little to keep, but it was a good sign. we kept this up until about noon boating and keeping 6 nice fish all in the 13-16 range all nice and fat. Then everything stopped biting. So we pulled the boat out and ran up to Jordanelle. We were on the water for 10 minutes when we nailed a double. I had a huge big brown on and to our suprise so did Craig! I didn't even notice he had a fish on until they were both beside the boat! Craig scooped both of the up in his net and that was the catch of the day! We continued to fish for quite a while landing a few more bows.

We ended the day with 10 total fish. The big brown ran 21" and 3.75 lbs. CBR got a nice picture of both the big browns. We met CBR, Mike & Alan as we were pulling the boat out of the water. They did not have as nice a day as we did.

Special thanks to Craig (Lundman) he is a hell of a host, and a great guy to go fishing with, I'd go with him again at the drop of a hat.
[signature]
Excellent catch guys! Those browns made my mouth water a bit. Smile

Bad news, the photo I took never made it to memory before the power died on the camera. So the shot is lost. Sad

Thanks for the Salsa, it is very good, my wife likes it aswell but it was a bit too spicy for her to handle right now, she isn't always a wimp but she is 7 months pregnant so she has an excuse. Cheers!
[signature]
Too bad about the pics, but Ray got them on film so it will be a while before he gets the pics developed. Glad you like the salsa. Too bad you guys didn't do very well but there will be other times....
[signature]