Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
little slow, but ok at yuba 11/22/04
hit yuba this afternoon from 1:30-5:00. I fished by the dam, but the fishing was really slow. I did however manage to catch two 20" rainbows. Both were males and were almost black because of their spawn colors. Both were caught on spinners. One on a jakes and the other on a firetiger kastmaster. I didn't even get a nudge on crawlers and powerbaite that I was also fishing. Oh well at least I caught something. There were some guys there who had been fishing all morning and I don't think they had caught anything,
jed
[signature]
[#0000ff]Hey, you stole our secret fishing spot as of late! That's where I caught my first fish since probably September. They were very nice trout, 2 of them, caught by Jake's Lure, (silver with the red dots) FYI). It was so cool!!! About 16 inchers. It is rarely that I catch a fish by jigging, but it was awesome. I guess I can borrow you our hole[Wink], but save some fish for us!! Good luck catching more![/#0000ff]
[signature]
How far is it to Yuba from Orem? How long to get there? And what exit do you take off the freeway? Thanks for the info!
Bigcat
[signature]
Yuba is 30 miles south from nephi .And i think orem is 40 miles from nephi so do the math.Probably an hour away from orem to yuba doing 75mph. The exit is not hard to miss its the second exit going south from nephi exactly 25 miles then you get off and go over the overpass and go another 5 miles.You can drive down the dam side to the water if you have 4wd.Or park on top and walk down.The walk down isnt so bad .
[signature]
I have fished yuba the last 2 saturdays and have had luck right before dark.Also between 2-4pm seems to be the dead zone! I am going to try it in the morning on turkey day and see how it is.I have caught all my fish on jakes lure silver with red dots and also the gold. I know there have been people fishing with chartreuse powerbait and have had luck with it.We caught some on a worm and green marshmellow but since there were a lot of females full of eggs we didnt want to hurt them with bait so we just use the artificials.
[signature]
[black][size 2]Yuba is about 65 miles from the Orem center st ramp. Take the Yuba State Park exit off I-15. [/size][/black]
[signature]

Is there a bost ramp or places you can launch a small boat & if there is what is the fee?
[signature]
The ramp at Painted Rock (east side of Yuba) is closed, but a portion of the boat ramp in the Yuba State Park (west side of Yuba) is still usable for launching boats of at least 18' long. Not sure how much the fee is because I have an annual pass to the state parks, so I don't pay much attention the the fees.
[signature]
The fee at the state park is $7.00
[signature]
well I didn't hurt your hole too much. Those two I caugh were the only ones I saw harvested all day (by me or anyone else). The second one I caught while trying to hit a duck with my lure because I was getting bored,
jed
[signature]
I knew you fished there a lot and was actually hoping to run into you, but didn't see ya. I always enjoy meeting new bft members that I don't already know,
jed
[signature]