Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck hunting ?
any one still duck hunting? I've been going out to bear river and doing OK. just wondered if anyone else has been getting out.
[signature]
I have been out at least once a week. Being this my first year I am doing okay, dang them ducks fly fast... We should hook up and a WMA over the turkey day weekend or something. I might try the Farmington dikes Friday afternoon and probably up north for Saturday and Sunday.
[signature]
I may try up north Sat. I'll send you a PM Fri. to let you know for sure. I have a duck boat with plenty of room.
[signature]
Let me know. I would enjoy occupying a seat in da boat.
[signature]
Did you make it up to farmington If so how did you do and how is the water level up there. Hopefull be able to get out on this coming sunday or the next sat. Wondering if is was decent up there or if i should stay down closer to home.
[signature]
I did not make it out over the weekend. I did however go turkey day and in the 2 hours we were there we got 4. Really made the dog work for one of them, but she enjoyed it. Hopefully the weather is bring the northerns down for some good shooting.
[signature]
hey good to see you got a few. maybe you just needed to hunt without me maybe I'm your jinks. lol ohh I hope not now.
[signature]
I doubt it Norm, there was nobody around and the weather was crummy. It was great. We missed a whole bunch of them as well. For the afternoon shoot there were maybe 4 people out on the main dike so I am betting it was right place at the right time. Although I do have a funny story for ya...
[signature]
I was at FB sunday(28th) real cold water was trying to freeze while I was their I'm sure its frozen now! did luck out and got a goose!! along with my 4 ducks, but it was so cold that day. going to go back probably sunday or monday even though the bay is probably frozen solid!!
[signature]
Sure! Drive right by my house and don't even invite me! What do I have to do to achieve the "worthiness" to go with you? I thought we were cousins or somthin'.
[signature]
Hopefully next weeks "projected heat wave" will make the swamps more inviting for the birds. I do not even think the northern birds have even really started to come in yet. In Minneapolis there were still tons of geese all over the place. Next weekend I am hoping the water softens (I know, not a popular statement on this website) and I can get out; plus the pintail season opens soon and I really want to get one of those drakes. Did you make it out this afternoon??
[signature]
no I didn't make it out. the doc gave me some new meds and they messed me up so I didn't feel good.
[signature]
Hey Steve! I thought you moved to Stansbury?? If I knew you still lived over their I would of asked you to come along, even though it was on sunday? I didn't think you could go on sunday's. You'll have to tell what your work schedule is like cause I'm really hitting it hard now specially when the Pintail starts back up next week, there must be over 5,000 pinnies out their right now!! probably 70% of all the ducks right now is pinnies, get back with me.
[signature]
Just got back in town and am really itching to hit them birds. Anyone interested in a hunt Sunday? I have a pass for all day so send me a PM.
[signature]
hey welcome back. I went out to farmington today "slow" most birds were pintail so I did't shoot. I was thinking about doing some just shooting and bass fishing this weekend if you would like to give that a try.
[signature]
I am up for shooting. My brother wants to go as well. I will give you a call and we can work out the details.
[signature]
hey I just saw my post and saw I put just shooting not JUMP shooting for ducks.
[signature]
AWESOME Norm! Wish I could have made it out this weekend with you guys. Hopefully next weekend is not filled with such running around to do. I did get to take my oldest daughter to FB so she could see and experience the walking around. Not to many duck there, tons of seagulls. It was iced up but the wind started blowing and the ice dissappeared. We were only there for about 45 minutes before we had to leave. Norm, maybe this week we can get out for a jump shoot.
[signature]
let me know
[signature]
I don't know about hunting the lake in late season. I hunt the bird refuge. Last week I had a killer hunt.. Limited out every day.. with the high point being Mon with a 7 geen head day.. Tried tuesday but sky busting kids out there shotting at ducks 75 yards in the air.. Still got 5 before I had to leave to go to work.. Be headed out to unit 9 this weekend try to get some gunnin' in..
Keep shootin' straight
Pete
[signature]