Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Vexilar Question...
What is the best degree of transducer to use for Icefishing in MN?
[signature]
[Smile] THE ONLY ADVANTAGE WITH A TIGHTER CONE IS WHEN YOUR FISHING A STEEP DROP !! OTHERWISE THE LARGER THE CONE , THE MORE YOU SEE , AND SOONER !!

[signature]
I ended up just going with the 12 degree FL-18. the lakes are now froze and hopefully soon I can put it to good use. I would guess another few days we'll have 3". Little Detroit already has a good inch, but the middle has about 100 or so SY of open water yet.
[signature]
[cool] I was up that way this weekend , and it looks like all the smaller lakes are froze over !! I heard that on Rush , there getting out on the east side with 3 inches !! Not yet for this plumped guy !!!

[signature]
We're looking at around 2" so far. If I don't find any geese to shoot by the weekend I might give it a try.
[signature]
Sure wish the ice would hurry up and get thick! I wanna test out some early ice catching. Never did it before in my life. It's time! What's taking it so long?

Friday, I might actually check out a couple area lakes... see how thick the ice is. Good time to test out my new boots also.
[signature]