Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer creek question
hey i was in sportmen's warehouse the other day and i saw on the board that they were catching some perch off of the bank. i was wondering if anyone has caught any perch of the bank before. if so what time of the year was it and where would be a good place to fish

thanks
trfishin
[signature]
A couple of years ago when the water was actually full, I got dozens of perch along with baby smallmouth along the main highway just west of the turnoff to midway, near the brushy area there. It's all high and dry now, but back then it was submerged all the way up to the road. The perch numbers were much higher then.
[signature]
FISH DEEP FOR PERCH RIGHT NOW. 30 TO 40 FOOT USE CRAWLERS.
[signature]
"Back in the day" (70's-80's) DC was the premier (along with Yuba) perch lake in the state. The water level used to go to the Charleston bridge and the baby perch could hide in the willows between the island and Charleston. With the low water and the establishment of the walleyes, those days are gone. The perch numbers are so low now, I don't know if it is a good idea to harvest any if possible. (both for the perch numbers and the predators that depend on them) Jordanelle,Rockport, and Echo would be better bets. As was said, fish deep. I can't wait for the ice to catch a few perch meals myself.
[signature]
Do you like Ice fishing for perch. There are some great res. for that. But if you do ice fish you know that already

Maddawg
[signature]
The Perch population is way down at Deer Creek. We need those fish if there is any chance for a good spawn this year.
Please try somewhere else for Perch until the population comes back strong. They are the main forage in that water, and if folks start taking a bunch out, everything suffers.

walleyebob
[signature]
[Smile]thanks fellow anglers for the information on deer creek and i think that i'll stick to rockport and echo for some perch this year. good luck fishing, and thanks again.

trfishin
[signature]
[black][size 2]Lake X, I mean Jordanelle has an overabunance of perchies. The bag limit is 50 critters. I dare ya to fill your bag. I've done it twice this year.[/size][/black]
[signature]