Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ice trip of the season!! HUNTINGTON
just got back from Huntington fishing was as good as i could have hoped for.. got off to a shakey start when i went to check my snowmobile and found out my kidds are playing hide and no find the keys to the snowmobile.. so had to wait for big pine to open and see if they had one.. no luck on the key switch.. but the guy that worked there said i did not need one as long as all i need was to start it just disconect the switch and your on your way.. cool.. so up the hill i went.. got to huntington about 9:30 or there abouts.. got every thing unloaded and was headed out.. on my way out i seen Kent and Tubedude fishing the west side of the dam.. was going to stop and talk but then i rembered something tubedude said about me comeing rooring by on my snowmobile i might get shot.. lol.. so i turned it north and got on it.. went down to the area were a spring runs in on the north west side.. first stop was no show.. 20 min's not even a fish on the finder.. so moved out about 30 to 40 feet.. in about 11 feet of water.. started see fish on the finder right away.. droped a white twist tail grub and worm.. that was slow so i put on a paddle bug green with millworm and wahooo it was on.. fishing was stedy as fast as i could get it back down i was getting bites.. i went through a 36 count of millworms and cought about 25 to 30 fish i know i did not miss meny fish they were hitting hard at times then other times you realy had to watch the line.. i tryed other things but in the end green paddle bug was the best thing i could find.. ice was about 4 to 5 inches and solid.. well about 12:15 so fishing started to slow down and the wether was turing ugly and i was out of millworms so called it a day at about 1:30.. what a great first trip of the season yeah!!!
dude on fish?
Ron

sorry missed a pic.. check out the color of the fish in imagoo18 wow what a beautifull fish!!
[signature]
NICE WORK FUZZY MAN. ANY BIG ONES IN THAT POND? LOVE TO ICE A BIG TIGER. KEN
[signature]
Did you just get back today? Nice job are you going to cruise up there again on the 4th, and show your support to a great group of Air Force Cadets??

Maddawg
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the awesome report, fuzzyfisher! I can't wait to get up there on Saturday! Wish I was up there right now. Wonder how TubeDude and Kent did? Looking forward to their report as well. Saturday can't come soon enough!
[signature]
well if i'm around and scofield dont freez up by then.. i may stop by and say Hi and get a munchy or two.. but dont think i well stay long tho dont like fishing around big crowds.. small groops are much better.. hope to see you there!!

Ken: there is some nice tigers in Huntington but not alot.. but there are some that go around 22" to 24" are the biggest i have seen.. the average is only about 13" to 15" through the ice.. last year trolling flatfish we got in to some that were in the 20+ range but never seen any thing bigger than 18" come out of the ice.. hope that helps..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
[pirate][#0000ff]Great [/#0000ff][#0000ff]report & pictures. Thanks. Looks like I need to get Ice Fishing stuff out. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the great report fuzzy, and congrats on the nice haul! Can't wait to get out and give it a go. Let us know when E-lake gets a safe cap.
[signature]
Good to hear that your back!I didnt know 4 inches of ice was safe enough for a snowmobile!The mrs will be a little more at ease now.We went and bought some new ice rods and reels and some cold weather gear today.I told her we are doing the ice fishing thing now on![sly] We are probably going to be ice fishing there soon.Good to see those tigers are still biting!
[signature]
Nice fish fuzzy, i hope to be able to make it out icefishing a few times this year.
[signature]
great report and pictures. can't wait to get there myself. maybe this weekend.
[signature]
Again I'll ask, did anyone mark Rons hot spots with GPS? Ha![Wink]

Way ta nail em Ron, good report, sorry I missed out!! Hopefully soon!
[signature]
yeah as pat has said it's got a big yellow spot right where i was fishing. lol

hey Don let me know when you want to go and i will show you (the spot)hehehe.. pm me when you want to go..

Rember kiddy's: DONT EAT YELLOW SNOW!!

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
Well depending on the amount and type of beverages you had, that "spot" could be fairly large and the ice rather thin at the "spot" and the surrounding area. So,,,, I think I'll fish from a distance. Now where ta heck did I leave my binocs? lol

Pm. Will do....
[signature]