Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry 11-24
Fished strawberry today with MGB in his boat, took off trolling from the boat ramp towards mudcreek, trolled that for awhile picking up very few fish, trolled back over by the boat ramp and ancored up and started jigging. that seamed to be the key we where able to put a royal hurt on the cutts. MGB out fished me 2 to 1 total fish for the day at least 150 cutts. fished tube jigs and crawtubes, mike will post the pictures from our exciting but cold day. air temp never got above freezing. water temp was in the low 40's
[signature]
[cool]Wow. Sounds like a great day, petty. Anything over 22"? Lookin' forward to seeing those pics.
[signature]
So what flavor of Powerbait did Mike use to get them ? LOL Glad to here you had a successful trip . I like to fish by the marina . Any Bows ? I might give it a try this weekend from shore .
[signature]
When we arrived at strawberry the temperature was 17 degrees and probably never got over 25 degrees. The guides on our poles kept freezing up all day, it reminded me of ice fishing. At first we tried trolling shallow but we where not catching many fish like Petty stated. Once we found the fish schooled up on the bottom in 42'-45' of water the fishing was non-stop. Alot of the cutts where 19"-20" and the biggest was 21.5".
[signature]
You owed me that one HA69. We caught them our standard ways and of coarse NO POWER BAIT.

We did not catch any bows.
[signature]
Good looking fish guys! with those temps we will be walking there soon, if the wind will stop.
[signature]
Mike doesn't get out jigged very often. I tied him once at Bear Lake which was probably just luck.
[signature]
[black]Jason, thats the best you ever looked. I bet it helped in catching more fish[Tongue].[/black]
[black][/black]
[black] What were the ramp conditions. I haven't put all my rods and reels away yet! [/black]
[signature]
[#0000bf]HEY JASON, GREAT REPORT. NOW I WISH I WOULD HAVE GOT THE WHALER READY AND WENT TOO. SEE U AT WORK. RTS[/#0000bf]
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a really good time up there! Congrats on having such a good day. Thanks for the report. We need to get out fishing again.
[signature]
Great day guy's!!!
[signature]
The ramp conditions where good. But as cold as its been up there they could ice up if we got a any snow. Any thing that gets wet freezes quickly.
[signature]
you got alot of room to talk mr. gun[Wink]

go jump into the artifical sun.[Tongue]

i went on this trip with only 40min of sleep the night before. and for some reason i just couldnt get warm no matter how many layers of cloths i put on
[signature]
Nice report, sounds like a great day on the pond, how long did you guys fish?
[signature]
from sunup till about 3:40pm
[signature]
what the heck are you doing to that cutt mike. looks like your cradling a baby haha. great pics. i need to get over to yoru place and get you something i promised. i thought my wife was going to but she never did.
[signature]
My boss gives me a bad time about the way I hold some of my fish, he says I hold them like a new born baby. That fish was flipping around too much and I could'nt control it. I gave up and put it back in the water.
[signature]