Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead report
Largemouth Bass today spooning 3/8 oz. spoon between 30 and 40 ft. 2 fat bass 16-17". One crankbait bass about 18" - ripping suspended LuckyKraft in about 12 ft. One small striper on the crankbait. Very few shad present. Carp still on surface. Shad sign within the no wake zone at 30 to 50 ft. Clear, no cloud cover. Water temp 59.6. wind from N and NW to 7 mph. Bite was from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Ice in the livewells this morning.
[signature]
Ice in the livewell! I guess it's going to be hard core fishing from now on. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm going out Saturday a.m. to see what can be scratched up. As long as live shad can be netted that's what direction I'm headed.
Thanks for the report,
BaySport
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] reellittlephish, was there any color pattern that worked better than another? Oh yeah, thanks for the info. I've been trying to get out more but between my days off and the weather not cooperating it's becoming a real pain in my ^%$.

David
[signature]
David,

What do you mean the weather is not cooperating? It's winter almost and if dressed appropriately is tolerable; we could be in Wisconsin chipping ice. [cool] It was butt cold Saturday morning at 6.

More of a depth and rock type than any specific color. I fished around Saddle, Three Finger, and Upper Gypsum Wash areas Saturday. The bass were just not on the conglomerate rock. There were some shad in 3 finger cove. There is still plenty of algae left in that area, but for some reason couldn't connect with largemouths. I am beginning to concentrate on clearer water, basalt chunk rock at 45° slope in depths from 30 to 50 ft. Sunny banks. Water temp dropping fast; today was 57.8. Yesterday was 58.6. For you with the small boat, fishing with big trout swimbaits around Saddle and Pumphouse in the mornings and evenings might get you a big striper. Guides are taking clients there and catching.
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"] Nah, the cold weather doesn't really bother me. It seems that on my days off the wind is blowing to beat hell. Also dealing with the muddy roads after the rains. Getting stuck at one of my fishing holes doesn't sound like fun to me.

Take care,
David
[signature]