Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on Yuba
I tried to slay some waterfowl at Yuba this morning. JedBurton and I caught a few trout there Monday and there were 1000's of ducks on the north end, so I thought I'd bag a few today. Wrong!!! To make a long story short... There was no ice monday, but the entire lake was frozen today. (Except for a little open water at the dam) And there were no ducks flying anywhere, only several hundred geese in the middle of the lake. If the water is still open Friday it should be good fishing. There probably won't be any soft water by Saturday.
It was -8 at 6:30am and -3 at 9:00am. I was able to take my 240lb body out about 20' off shore b4 I chickened out. It seemed to be a couple inches thick...

Slayer
[signature]
slayer are you going to make it to yuba before saturday, i plan to fish it but i dont have an ice fishing setup i was planing to shore fish. if there is no open water could you let us know. thanks
[signature]
[cool]Ice on Yuba already?? Boy, "the infamous one" isn't going to like that.[Tongue]
[signature]
hey TD the only place you might find open water in the lower elevations is redmonds.. with the warm springs in it it dont freez up.. was some nice bass in there years ago.. the pike are small tho..

ice fishing yuba dont sound all that bad tho.. thats the first place i ever beat a hole in the ice.years ago.. was looking thrugh some old pic's the other day came acrosset a pic of my buddy choping a hole in the ice at yuba with a axe!! we found out that day a axe is NOT the best way to get a hole in the ice.. but is a very good way to get realy wet before fishing even starts!!

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
How far out was the ice by the dam?I am headed out there saturday afternoon.Is it fishable from shore?
[signature]
[cool]That's pretty funny, but I won't tell tubebabe you said that! Good luck at Lincoln Beach tomorrow. Hope you get into some big wally's.
[signature]