Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper24
[size 4]Wiper24, have you been out fishing latley? Hows it been? [/size]
Hi. I have been out three times since last Friday (9-13) I don't post much because most of the guys on the forum are boaters. My boat has been in the shop all year. So I have been fishing from shore. I didn't go out during the summer cause when the water warms the fish seem to go out deeper. Now that the water has cooled the fish are where I can get to them. On Friday I got there at five pm and fished until dark. I hooked six small ones and my brother hooked four. Then I was back out on Tuesday during the storm. We got there at five pm and fished until the thunder storm hit. We saw two boils that lasted a minute or so. I caught four that were over 18 inches. We sat in the truck until the thunder clouds past, and fished a little more. My brother then caught two that were over 20 inches. Last night I fished until dark and caught two small ones. I use a four inch bright green tube jig. Some times reeling as fast as possible. I also use six pound magnathin. In the clear water I will be catching the fish and someone next to me with eight pound line and the same lure will not catch a thing. Those wipers big eyes must be able to see it. It also makes for a great fight and I have only lost two fish on it. Try it on your casting poles. I mostly fish the south side because it is easy to get to. Maybe I will see you there.

Wiper24
[size 4]Sounds like you do a bit of wiper fishing. First time I have heard of the green tube as the lure of choice. I know guys who fish them for smallmouth and walleye but hey, if they work for wipers, why not? Hope the boat gets fixed soon. We are getting quite a crew of wiper fishermen around. Next year willard should be a blast. There should be enough info and fishermen kicking around we will have the fish pegged all year long. Thanks for the fishing report. Hope to see you around more often. [/size]
[pirate] Wiper24 I have the deapest sympathy for you on that boat thing. My boat has been in the yard all summer for other reasons. how ever I found that when the weather gets hot it is time to change tatics and target a diferent fishy.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] them bull heads enjoy worm water and can tolerate the lower oxigen levels that drive the fish down to the deaper waters. although I perfer to target catfish at night they do hit during the day time well enough for me to go after them.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] also getting out early in the morns while the air is cool them deap cold water fish will come up after the bait fish that are feading on the bugs that hit the water over nite and failed to escape.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] dont forget that there is always some one looking for a fishing buddy.

[Image: Earthworm.gif] finding a life long fishing buddy is as dificult as finding a spouce but there is always some one around who would like to do sum fissin who would not mind splitting the cost.

[signature]