Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get to Curtis this winter
Hey fellow sportsmen:
Join me and many other avid hardwater nuts at Curtis this winter for two really great, fun and usually productive events. On Saturday January 22, the Portage Anglers Club will be hosting their second annual Fishing Derby. It's a fun-filled afternoon for kids and parents. The entry fee this year is $20.00 with some great prizes and paybacks to be awarded.

The second weekend to keep in mind is February 19, when the Curtis area will host their annual Winter Carnival. There are contests, chili cook-offs, games, a bar on the ice and fireworks at dusk.

For more information call Brenda @ 906-586-3459 or John @ 906 586-3501.

You can also visit curtischamber .com or superiorsights.com/portageanglers/fishingevents

It's a great little city with a lot to offer every sportsman or woman.
[signature]
now is this one by the macinaw bridge?
[signature]
Where's Curtis?

Never heard of it.
[signature]
Hey: Curtis is located approx. 65 miles west of St. Ignace. Take Highway 2 through Brevort, through Naubinway. About 14 miles west of Naubinway is the road to Curtis H33. The little town is about 7.5 miles north on H33.
[signature]
Dave: Yep! Approx. 65 miles west of St Ignace and then 7.5 north on H33 about 14 miles west of Naubinway.
[signature]
Thanks, but I have no clue where those places are. Are they in New York? Ohio? Illinois? Michigan?
[signature]

DDR:OOps! You know what they say about people who ASSume!Curtis is located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, west of the Mackinaw Bridge which connects the two sections of our state.
[signature]
from your house head out at 8pm and you would head north like you were going to flagmans' ice camp untill you hit US 2, turn east till sunrise. this should put you right where you need to follow callies' directions....
[signature]
Dave, why can't I just go to your house?
[signature]
you could, just leave your house about 8 pm head south till you hit 80, drive east till sunrise and then turn north when you hit the legeondary pontiac trail. (the trail cheif Pontiac used to wage war on chigago) or weave your way up the express ways and then get off at pontiac trail when you get close to pontiac.

there is no garentee that we will have ice. in the last 15 years we have had 4-5 iceless winters in my area.
[signature]
Wow. That's scary. No ice means no ice fishing. How did you survive?
[signature]
I guess it was the dirt under my fingernails that kept the protien level up when I chewed my nails to the stubs....
[signature]