Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell .. Willard .. and BFT
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I took a quick weekend trip to Lake Powell with some friends. First time for me to fish that place. Caught plenty of stripers and even more smallies. Caught most on wallie divers until the last morning, then I decided to try some things BLM and Predator showed me about using top waters ... what a hoot! Almost every cast for about 40 minutes! Just at sunrise Bam . bam . bam . Thanks BLM and Pred for the intro lessons and tips.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Had so much fun with the early morning top popers at Powell, I decided to go out to Willard this morning at 4:00 AM and try the concept there. Wammo ... 4 1bs. ... 21 in. at about 7:15 on the south dike. Lost several, and I'm still trying to figure out why.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]But, between the haul from Powell and the grand daddy from Willard, supper ought to be good tonight! I'm thinking I'll try TubDude's shrimp stuffed bass recipe.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Also, while I have been gone, looks like there have been some talk about a BFT sticker for boats so we can better recognize each other. I think that is a fantastic Idea ... right up there with a BFT breakfast. I still think we ought to form a club.[/size][/font]
[signature]