Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake & Island Park
[size 1][Smile]I know all the minds and hearts are set on Ice Fishing. I just want to leave everyone with what is in store for next year at Henry's Lake. I would have done this earlier but was too busy fishing. Just want to spread the word. I do a weekly report for the Island Park News with the main emphasis being Henry's Lake and Island Park Res. I will also be offering a monthly newsletter about IP Res and Henry's Lake along with fishing info on the surrounding area. It will have a modest fee attached to it that will cover the cost to produce it. I will also have a Web page with more and more completed over the next couple of months. This will also have lots of information update weekly. The front page is up and running at www.bsflies.com. Look for Henry's Lake to be awesome over the coming years ahead. Damen Keen the Fishery Manager at Henry's is doing a great job to get the lake back on track. This year was great and next year looks to be even better. We will also be at the Utah Boat & Fishing show Feb 3-6. We will have alot of information there. My partner and I along with Bill will be there to answer any questions. We will also of course, have pictures of all the big fish caught this year. Any questions just give me an e-mail [url "mailto:tybugs1@yahoo.com"]tybugs1@yahoo.com[/url] or call me at 208-390-2177. [/size]
[size 1]Here is a picture to help keep those thoughts and eyes on Henry's Lake through those colder winter months. I will also have some information on a lake that little is known and ohhhhhh what a treat to fish. I will get that written and on here soon.[/size] This is a little better picture. I know I had one but couldn't find it until now.

[inline "Bill Big.jpg"]
[signature]
If you did attach a picture go back and edit your post, and uncheck the "Inline" box so the majority of us can see the picture.
[signature]
Always love to hear whats going on at Henerys and IP. They are right up there with strawberry as my favorite fishing holes. I have a 30 in. 10 1/2 rainbow on my wall that I caught in Trudes bay on IP. Made a few of the locals a little upset.[cool][cool] Also my inlaws got a couple on Henerys that resemble your picture.
[signature]
Glad to hear from you hlfmoon. Both Lakes have some nice fish in them. IP has been a little up and down because of the water situation. It's not a bad ice fishing lake either. Keep in touch and we will let you know whats going on.
[signature]
I'm trying to get the picture stuff to work. New to this message board. Let me know if you can see it.
thanks
Lynn
[signature]
I tried it several times. Hope that it worked this time and everyone can see it. I clicked on the attachment from another computer and the picture came right up when I clicked on the attachment. Let me know if it doesn't and I will try again.

Lynn
[signature]
So how big is that fish that Bill is holding? (Length and weight)
Bigcat
[signature]
Yep, I can see it. The picture is tiny, but the fish looks big.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hi tybug1![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hey, go to [/size][/black][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=166616;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"][black][size 3]How to use the "InLine" Option with attachments[/size][/black][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] and try this. This is, by far, the best way to put pictures with and in your posts.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7401;][/center]
[signature]
I believe that one was one of the smaller ones. It was 29 or 30 and about 12lbs. He caught bigger ones this year if you can believe it. His biggest this year was 33 1/2 inches. I'm not sure how much it weighed. I'm guessing about 14 to 16lbs. Should be another good year again this next year.
[signature]
HI BearLakeMack

Thanks for the help. I think I've got it.

Lynn
[signature]
The fish in the picture was 28 inches long with a 22 inch girth. The largest one was taken on October 30th which was 33 1/2 inches long with a 23 inch girth. The is a formula out there that will tell the approx weight. I just hope it survives the winter and I can catch it next season when it is 36 inches with a 24 inch girth!!!!!!!! They can't grow up unless we release them!!!

Bill
[signature]
What is the exact formula for guessing wieght? Is there something written down some where? Bill did I ever show you this picture that I took when fishing with you this summer?

[inline Big1.jpg]
[signature]
I think this fish that you caught in July. I think it looks skinny compared to the other fish in the first picture. I think the length is decieving as I think this fish is longer and probably wieghs close to the first one don't you think? Needless to say both are huge!
[inline "Bill 3.jpg"]
[signature]
maybe you should check out this website:

[url "http://findthefish.com/fishweight.htm"]http://findthefish.com/fishweight.htm[/url]

just choose the species enter the length and girth and it gives you an estimated weight. can also estimate the girth for you too
justsomething to look at
[signature]
HI Hegotaway

Thanks for the info. I went in and used the calculator and estimated the wieght of both fish.

28 inch 22 inch girth would make the first one just right at 17lbs
331/2 inch 23 inch girth would make the second fish right at
22 1/2lbs

thanks again for the info

Lynn
[signature]
[cool]glad i could help ya
[signature]
Hi Hegotaway

I got curious and checked to see if there was a written formula anywhere. I found one but it was for steelhead. Do you know of one for trout that is a written formula?

thanks
[signature]
[red][size 3]I just had a minute and glanced down the thread so if I am being repetitive sorry. I was just wondering on the water levels up that way? The last time I was in that neighborhood it was waaay lowww. Predictions for next spring? Thanx! [/size][/red]
[signature]
HI neveronsunday

Henry's Lake is currently sitting at 69% give or take and Island Park Res. is sitting at 47% give or take. We have had some good snow early and a few good storms since. We do need more however. I'm hoping we have some good storms through the rest of the winter and a good month or two of rain in May and June. The rain in June really saved us this year. I believe with the lake at 69% the fish will winter well. In the spring you might hear fish kill but sometimes those stories are not exactly accurate. They sometimes will report winter kill when actually it's normal die off during the spawn. In other words don't believe everything you hear. We work real close with the fish and game manager at Henry's and we can give you up to date information. Just have to stay in contact.
[signature]