Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Creek Res. in Idaho
[size 1]I know this is the Utah boards but thought I would share my experience.[/size]
[size 1]I fished Devils Creek on Sat a buddy and I got there around 7am and stayed till about 1pm. We had nine poles out and caught about 28 fish. The ice was about 3" to 3 1/2". It should be nice by next weekend. I plan on going there next sat. We were over by the boat dock by the ramp. We seen about three other groups out there to. It was so nice to be out on the ice again.

Wishin I was fishin
Pinetar
Wishin I was Fishin [/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I haven't been to Devils Creek in many a moon. I drove by it last year and it look like the drought had about dried it up. How is the water level now and how deep were you fishing?
[signature]
A lot of us fish across the border, so its always good to get a report from the area. I read a post a week ago that said they put a double load of planter fish in Devils creek before it froze. Was there any size to the fish you caught?
[signature]
We were in probaly in 20' of water. We caught around 6-8 around 16-18" most were Idaho planters which seem to be biggerthan Utah planters.
[signature]
Hi- I fished Devils Creek often this fall. We usually had good luck there. I had heard they had planted 40-45,000 fish in there this summer and one day a game warden was there so I asked him if it was true. He said yes, that there was a private hatchery in Idaho that ran out of water and rather than see them die they got permission from the Fish and Game to plant them in Devils Creek. It was fished heavy when the word got out, but I think there are still lots of fish in there. Most of the ones we caught were in the 14 to 16 inch range and not very many small ones. I haven't ice fished there before, but it looks like I need to buy the Idaho license earlier than normal so I can. Anyone interested in an ice fishing trip to check it out? I live in Tremonton. Acey
[signature]
That sounds good to me but I won't have any time off until Christmas weekend.
[signature]
Do you think there would still be ice with all this warm weather? We are looking for somewhere to go on Friday. Could be a another option if there is still ice.
Fished Devils creek saturday. Ice was fine, caught some on jigs and meal worms. Nothing very big most 12-14.
[signature]
That sounds great. We bailed out at the last minute. We thought all the warm weather would rot the ice. How thick was the ice?
[signature]
I'm not positive yet but I might fish Devil Creek Saturday morning until noon. If any of you want to meet up on the ice send me a PM. We probably won’t catch any fish to brag about but should still have a good time. Even though it has been above freezing most afternoons at the Malad Pass Summit I think the ice should be fine because it hasn't been raining.
[signature]
Ice was 3/12 to 4 inches, plenty thick
[signature]
Thanks for the info I guess i am not good a predicting ice. I will learn this is only my third ice fishing season.
[signature]
Once there is 3-4 inches of ice on those high reserviors it stays until spring usually. The edges are the only thing that may be a problem during a warm spell, but a leap or board can solve that.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. A person could learn alot from these boards. So if that is the case I have a kitchen pass for friday. Fish on!!! see you all on the ice
[signature]