Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealous
[crazy]Man I miss willard, I miss my bass boat and I miss that cool fall weather. I'm stuck down in Tuscon for 4 months. You guys are my only life line to fishing. It sounds like they are still letting water out of willard huh. Hows PineView fishing?
[signature]
I know how you feel Scooter. Every time I plan on going something comes up thats prevents me to go. I planned on going out last night, got the boat and noticed a 4" gash in my sidewall on trailer tire.
[signature]
hey [size 2]TubeDude I will go ya one better on the fishing in Tshirts thing. here in michigan it is not uncommon to fish on the ice in your Tshirt in the middle of january. and I dont mean in a shanty I mean out on the open ice gettin a suntan...[/size]

[size 2]so michagan weather is crazy but that is what is nice about michigan you never know what to expect. A good weatherman is only correct on his predictions 75% of the time and of that 95% in the summer and only 5% in the winter.[/size]

[size 2]they do how ever do well on the temps.[/size]
[signature]
I've had a couple of shirtsleeve perchin trips on Yuba in early spring too. And, on the trout lakes around Donner Pass above Sacramento. We would hit the water (ice) at daybreak, with temps just above zero, and be frying and sweating in hot sunshine by late morning.

Good fishing in Michigan. Had some friends in Escanaba, on the peninsula. Got in some good shots at wallies and smallies up there in the summer...when I could dodge the state birds (mosquitoes). My buddy used to joke about the weather forecast in the winter...STILL AND CLEAR. Still snowing and clear up to your butt.

Not as bad as Minnesota, though. Nine months of winter and three months of poor ice skating. But, man, you talk about a state with some serious smallies and wallies. And, for a northern state, there's some darned nice largemouth up there too. I guess that's why Al Lindner and family hang there.
[signature]
[Smile]Hey Tube Dude. Tell me more about these awsome lakes. Is it worth bringing the boat down for the winter? I like tubing, but got a way bumb knee that is desperate need of repair. Do the lakes have ramps and most of all WATER? I can have my gear down here on my next flight back, I can fly home every weekend if I want. I got a sister thats lives in Phonix so I got a place to shack up for a weekend.
[signature]
Yes to "all of the above". First of all, here are two links for you to checkout: [url "http://www.pr.state.az.us/parkhtml/patagonia.html"][#800080]http://www.pr.state.az.us/parkhtml/patagonia.html[/#800080][/url] (Patagonia Lake) [url "http://www.gf.state.az.us/frames/whatsnew/bod_frep.htm#top"][#800080]http://www.gf.state.az.us/frames/whatsnew/bod_frep.htm#top[/#800080][/url] (Arizona Fishing Report)

The southern part of Arizona received almost average rainfall during the monsoon, so it is not as dry as Phoenix north. Patagonia Lake (my favorite) is about an hour and a half drive from Tucson. It is around 250 acres of classic bassin' water. It has rocks, weeds, sunken trees, channels, flats, and lots of shoreline reeds and small coves. It is fed with a year round spring creek, so it maintains a fairly constant level. And yes, there is a real boat ramp. It is a state park.

October and November are two of the best months. The recreational boating drops off and the serious fishermen get busy. Lots of good wormin and spinner baitin'. Shad imitating cranks and jerkbaits work well around the edges and flipping the reeds is always good.

The real excitement begins when they start planting rainbows...usually sometime in November. That's when the hog bass cruise the shoreline looking for an easy big meal. Big rainbow finish plastics and hardbaits can get you into a ten pounder. They can also get you bent to a 50 pound flathead. Those big predatory cats sometimes blast rainbows on the top, near shore. I've had my laundry bill go up a couple of times when they did it near my kick boat...especially after dark.

Did I mention crappies? Find a treetop in 15 - 20 feet of water and you can pull big slabs out of Patagonia. My biggest was just over 3 1/2 and I couldn't count all the ones over 2.

Check those websites and give me an eshout if you need more stuff.
[signature]