Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Idaho ice fishing.
Sorry if this should be over on the Idaho forum, but it is not very active and I know a lot of you frequent southern Idaho.
I am heading up to Burley (paul) this weekend and would like to get some fishing in. Are there any good fishing spots (ice or water) within an hour of Burley that are worth the trip?

TIA
[signature]
I fish clear lakes in Buhl. It is semi-private lake but only costs $10.00 to fish. It is artificial only. I always do well from the pontoon with fly gear. Anyway that is my favorite place in that area.

Windriver
[signature]
There is Magic Reservior just north of Twin Falls. It is a little more than 1 hour and I do not know the the fishing regulations on that lake in the winter. You can visit the Idaho fish and game site and read about it, but I'll warn you, Idaho's fish proclamation can be difficult reading and makes Utah's proclamation look like a kid's book.
[signature]
I really don't know anything about Magic Res., but it was written up in the lattest issue of "In-Fisherman" magazine. They were talking about 12 - 14" perch average and some pigs that go as big as 16". For 16 inch perch I would be willing to drive the four or five hours up there for a weekend asault on hog perch. If anyone has any info at all regaurding magic res. please post it.
[signature]
Thanks gents. We'll see what happens. I'll give a report upon returning. I fished magic a few times in the summer a few years back and had a blast catching perch. Thick as flies, but not any big ones back then.
[signature]
hey tube ever been to salmon falls? we went this year in the spring for a toon initiary launch. maybe we should plan a trip there since i know the lay out pretty good.
[signature]
well i can guide us to the best possible spot. guiding the lake hmmm different story. well i can always guide for planter rainbows there since thats all i caught haha.
[signature]