Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter storm survival kit for your car
Winter Storm Survival Kit for Cars [indent]
Keep the following items in your car during the winter. Make sure you do not leave without them: [ul] [li]blankets/sleeping bags [li]high-calorie, non-perishable food [li]flashlight with extra batteries [li]first aid kit [li]knife [li]extra clothing to keep dry [li]a large empty can and plastic cover with tissues and paper towels for sanitary purposes [li]a smaller can and water-proof matches to melt snow for drinking water; [li]sack of sand (or cat litter) [li]shovel [li]windshield scraper and brush [li]tool kit [li]tow rope [li]booster cables [li]water container [li]compass [li]road maps
[/li][/ul]For additional winter preparedness information contact the nearest office of the National Weather Service, local American Red Cross Chapter, local Emergency Services and Disaster Agency (ESDA), or the Illinois Emergency Management Agency at 110 East Adams Street, Springfield, Illinois 62701-9963. [/indent]
I really like what you are doing with your board, you are posting alot of helpful information, I have a question what types of food are you talking about when you say high calorie non perashable? do you mean like granola and energy bars?
[signature]
Thank you for the compliment, I will do my best on posting good information everyone can use.

Granola and energy bars are good and I would recommend some peanut butter, trail mix, or any of the dried entrees that are available at sports stores. Myself, being retired military. have some MRE's in my truck. They are full meals with a lot of calories and they will last almost forever. If you could get the artic ones they average about 6000 calories a meal so that is more than enough to keep you going.
[signature]