Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Fishing for Pike
Hi Canadian Fisherman

I'm a fly fishing nut here in Idaho USA. I want to know more about fly fishing for Pike. I have some friends down here that have been up to Canada and have done some fly fishing for Pike and had a blast. I have wanted to do this for years and years. It's getting time to get this done. Any ideas on fly fishing for Pike, where to go and what is needed? Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

tybugs
[signature]
i will take ya i know where ya can catch some big ol pike on the fly rod get a hold of me[Wink]
[signature]
Are you sure what you are offering? Smile I will take you up on that deal for sure. Do you go anywhere in particuliar? Don't let me forget your Board. I will post on it soon as I get past this show in Feb. I did look at it and looks like you have done a nice job with it. Do you think your people on your information board will be interested in fishing Idaho?
[signature]
well i guess if its about fishing i like anything and if your a real angler ect ect you would be interested as well lol[Wink] my sites not just about fishing its about being dedicated to the sport ect ect, So ya anyways enough me blabbering on about it .its in my profile info if you care to see it.[Wink]
[signature]
I like fishin Canada too when ever my truck route gets me up that way.

kaint says as I ever herd of no one ever goin after pike with a fly before. you thinkin on usin a spinning rod and reel with them flies or a fly rod?
[signature]
I'm going after them with a fly rod. I hear it's a scream. Then again catching any fish anywhere is a scream. Just the Pike would be a bigger scream.[Wink]
[signature]
Well ya you bet pike are a great fight on the fly rod. Although the carp and suckers and any fish would be fun on the fly rod. For the simple reason of the numbers of Suckers and Carp.Its A GOOD way for a beginer to get acquainted with the fly rod for sure in the beginning of the fishing season in most rivers in Canada it will provide non stop action for the fly rod.
[signature]