Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice conditions ???
I’m going to be fishing Island Park Reservoir tomorrow afternoon and probably Devil Creek Saturday morning. If anyone knows any more recent ice conditions or has a different opinion on the ice conditions than have already been posted it would be nice to know. Tomorrow night (if I have time) I’ll type a quick reply to this post about Island Park and on Saturday I’ll add one about Devil Creek’s ice condition.
[signature]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I fished Island Park Reservoir by the dam for about 3 hours today. It was a little slow but still fun to get out. The ice was 9”-10” in all of the holes that I measured. The top two inches of ice were really frozen slush but there was still 7” to 8” of clear ice.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
Here’s a picture from today.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7534;]
[signature]
BrianID,

Nice looking 'Bow! I spent my afternoon at the office[unsure]

Keep up the good reporting.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Fished Devil Creek for few hours this morning. I only measured the ice in one hole but the ice was within 1/2" of 9" in all my holes. There was about 3-4" of white ice onto of about 5-6" of clear ice. The fish were biting good enough to make the trip worth my time but not biting half as often as they did for me a couple weeks ago. The reservoir has also come up a foot or maybe two since 12/4. I caught fish in all my holes and seemed to be biting as good in 5 feet of water as 30 feet.
The fish in the picture:
At first all I saw was a quick glance of the tail wiggling past the hole. Seeing the deep fork had me Confused [shocked] until I got a good look at him.
[/size][/black][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=7548;]
[signature]
Was on Island Park Friday checking the ice and again on saturday the 18th Fishing. Fishing was good up until about 12:00 noon The fish caught were big ones 18"; 22"; 24"; 23"; 20" All Bows except one cut. Was enjoyable. We even took and grilled a freshly cuaght trout while on the ice. It was awsome! Ice was about 10" thick and no slush. It has been freezing good there.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. It is good to see more people registering. If you were fishing by the dam at Island Park and parked by a dark red suburban on Friday we were probably fishing about 100-150 yards to the SE of you and I had a short talk with you as you were leaving. Good to see that you got into some fish. Also sent you a PM (personal message). If you have any questions about how this forum works feel free to ask any of us.
[signature]