Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Report 12-18-04
Yes the fishing was slow, but I caught three big ones, a 16" cut a 18"rainbow and a 21 1/2" rainbow. I also had two big ones come through that broke me off on the ice. Then I reset my drags and started landing them.

We barbecued one of them for lunch right on the ice. It was one of the best tasting fish I have ever had fresh out of the water. The only bad part was gutting it. Frozen blood and slime on the hands does not feel good.

I was having the most success with a white paddlebug. The fish that I caught spit out two" minnows. I am going to go lood for something with some action that matches the size and color for my next trip up there.

I feel like I was getting a few more bites than most of the people around me due to the fact that I was fishing four lb test. Sure I broke a few off, but I was getting hits.

I would suggest taking a walk away from the parking lot. 90% of the people walk down the trail and park themselves as close to the trail as possible. With no snow on the ice this is a good opportunity to try some of those distant fingers and coves. That is what I am going to do later this week.

Good Luck Ya'll

Windriver
[signature]