Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No hunting today but it was a good day to be at Willard. 13 wipers
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center] Gave up on the hunting and went fishing today. It was a 13 wiper day and between storm fronts it was hot. We only caught one on a Producer but we caught them on a total of 6 different lures. The feed lot was the hot ticket but we also tried the SW
corner where we caught one. We then trolled to the light pole without a hit, Sunday this area was loaded with fish but today (friday) there were few on the fish finder. We then buzzed over to the island and again nothing. Once we got a few hundred yards east of the feed lot the fun started in 12ft of water, my partner had the hot hand with 8 to my 4 wipers. It was one of our best days at Willard this year, I've been trying to get him to join the site and after today
I thought the name Wiperslayer would be a good one. The lure
that caught the most was a lure Predator likes, a rattling rapala. We even tried for the walleye when the wiper catching slowed with no luck although something broke my line and made off with a $7.00 lure as we trolled at 1.5mph. Most of the wipers were caught at 2.7mph but a few were caught casting
close to shore. All in all it was a lot better day to be fishing than hunting. WH2
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center]
[signature]
Good job to you and your friend WH2. Did you keep them for a fish fry or let them go??? Where the marina's still okay for launching??
[signature]
Teroy, Sorry I didn't reply to your question, I was looking at the post that won the E-Gift certificate and I noticed that I had not replied to you question.
I know it is a little late but we released all the fish, I usually release most of the fish I catch unless they are injured. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You sure are prompt with your replies, aren't you, WH2![Tongue][/size][/font]
[signature]
Yea, it was one of my DUH moments. WH2
[signature]