Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report 12-23-04
[black]Arrived and meet CBR and Mike at Strawberry this morning at sunrise. Single digit temps other than that it was nice. Shortly after sitting up the tent and getting in the water the wind started blowing snow everywhere. The wind was so strong it was pushing tents around. There was about a dozen fishing Chicken Creek East. I only heard of a few catching any fish. Had a few fish swim by in the 4 hours I was there but no hits on any of the 4 poles in the water. Slow and windy day at the Berry the wind would had been so bad if the fish wouldn't have been biting.[/black]
[signature]
Wow, so nobody in your group caught anything? That's really hard to believe![crazy]
[signature]
[green][size 2]How deep and how far off shore?[/size][/green]
[signature]
that's too bad.
was you fishing chicken creek
[signature]
Sorry to hear that . The berry can do that once in a while . Hopefully it will pic up .
[signature]
well after the berry we hit rockport and i picked up a brown [Smile]
berry was so cold even in the ice tent with a lantern and tons of cloths on i hope it getts better for sunday
[signature]
It will be. James told me so.
[signature]
[cool]Hey Mike, any ice forming on Rockport yet? Oh yeah, how big was the brownski?
[signature]
WELL WE DIDN'T MEASURE IT BUT I WOULD SAY IT WAS ONLY 13 14 INCHES NOT A BIG ONE
[signature]
Noticed you have fished Echo... How was that trip? Ice thickness? Perch?
[signature]
OH AND ICE ONLY BY THE DAM AND ONLY OUT A FEW FEET AND ONLY 1 INCH THINK THERE IS NOT MUCH THERE BUT WAS ALOT WARMER THEN THE BERRY I SURE HOPE THE WIND DIES BY THE 26TH SO I CAN MAKE UP FOR THIS DAY
[signature]
We also hit Chicken Creek East on the side near the extended islands. We hit the water about 8:30 and nailed a 20 incher as the line was going out. Got excited about the day... heck... the auger was still drilling holes!... then.. the WIND! Blew us off over there w/out huts and not bites. Went over to Mud Creek and saw 1 fish get caught in 2 hrs, zero bites. Talk to alot of people, which accounted for about 20 fisherman total from the groups and 2 fish TOTAL!! Counting our 1, 3 total on the day. Very weird day at the Berry, I think the front really effected the fish. Zero action on the finder and nothing moving around.

F4F
[signature]
THAT IS WERE WE WERE ALSO MAN IT GOT COLD FASTS THERE TODAY. MY CHRISTMAS WISH IS FOR IT TO BE NO WIND ON THE BERRY THIS SUNDAY PLEASE SANTA
[signature]
Echo still has a little open water. The ice by the boat ramp was 3 to 4 inches. The perch was 9” and fat.
[signature]
Were you alone or with two others? We were the group of 5 with the little kid. Needless to say he was the reason we left early, but ZERO of were complaining!! [pirate]

I'm from Wyoming, very used to the cold... and today... that was bone chillin' cold!!

F4F
[signature]
Hey F/W.. How much new snow at the Berry? There wasnt anything on the ice at C Creek Tuesday until I left and the front was coming in so I'm wondering how much new dropped.
[signature]
About 200 inches blew across my face!! It's been a while since my body was the object that created a 12 inch snow drift!!!

F4F
[signature]
hmmmm.. That reminds me of those good days at FL out in the narrows when you cant see your buddy fishin' 20' away due to the ground level white out. Gotta love it! [crazy]
[signature]
about 200' feet of shore in 12 ft of water?
[signature]
I was at Chicken Creek East as well. I was fishing just north of fishin4fun's group. Saw them head out and leave. I landed a 20" cut in the first 10 minutes (about 9:00AM) and got 1 bite the rest of the day. The day was only about 2 hours total because of the freezing conditions. I've ice fished a lot over the years and have never seen this combination of cold and wind in my life. You almost had to have shelter yesterday to fish. We tracked several fish on the finder, but they wouldn't take anything. Tried red sided shiners, chartreuse tube jigs, rat finkies, and paddle bugs. Got the few hits all on the paddle bugs, but it was too cold to concentrate on fishing and couldn't take the gloves off for more than 10 seconds. All in all, a horrible day to be on the ice, 1st time in my life, I would rather be at work, at least I would have been warm.
[signature]