Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report 12-24
Finally made it up to Causey today with FishingWaters. We had a really nice time. The fishing was consistent all day. We didn't catch anything big, but the numbers made up for that. I almost had a Causey Grand Slam today...only fish lacking was a Brown. We fished over by the cliffs in about 20-30 feet of water. Most of the fish were on the bottom, but several came from mid column. I was hoping to find a nice school of Kokes, but that didn't happen. We talked to a couple that had caught 2 Kokes, the others we talked to didn't catch any. Some people even said they had a slow day...I guess you've got to be in the right place at the right time. The fish would pretty much take whatever you put down the hole. Thanks for the good day on the pond Paul.
[signature]
I assume you were ice fishin? How thick was the ice?
[signature]
I made this report under another post.

[size 1]I guess the word is out now. Causey is iced over. I fished it to day with TheeKillerBee for about 7 hours. We landed at least 60-70 Splake (11”-15”) and several Bows (12”) along with a few (8”) Tiger Trout. Brandon had the honey hole he also landed a Cutthroat (11”-12”) and a Kokanee (11”). About anything small we put down the hole would hook a fish. [/size]
[signature]
How thick was the ice? Might head up there Monday with the kiddos and dad, etc.

F4F
[signature]
[cool]It's good to hear that those Splake are finally getting some size to them. The ones I caught last year were all like 5-7 inchers. It's nice to hear that they are finally a good pan frying size.
[signature]
The ice was a good 8 - 10 inches solid ice.
[signature]
I may do the same. Take my neighbor and his boy up there and see if we can catch a few. It's nice to have a close-by pond when you can't get away for an entire day.
Thanks for the info!
[signature]
If you head up let me know. At least say hi up there, etc. We are 90% going up in the morning (Monday). I live in North Ogden and also the ponds freezing up a little closer than the Berry! [Wink]

F4F
[signature]