Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils creek, Idaho
Wiperslayer and I fished Devils creek today from 8am to 1pm. We fished in 15ft of water using bait bugs and white buggers, tipped with wax worms and nightcrawlers. We caught 25 to 30 rainbows between 13 and 16 inches. We heard they were catching some kokanee in the last few weeks but we had no luck finding them. WH2
[signature]
thanks for the report kurt i just drove by there yesterday about noon probably saw you guys down there fishing i was worndering what they caught out of there wanted to go up and give it a try someday
[signature]
I read a report that 35,000 rainbow and 10 or 15,000 kokanee were stocked in the lake before it froze. All I can tell you for sure is, the rainbow sure are fat and the catching was steady between 8am and noon.
[signature]
thanks for the info hope theres some fish left next year it will be a while before i get up there heading for NY tonight don't knowwhen i'll be back in town
[signature]
Mike(FC) told me you had a new job, be careful out there on the road. Hopefully we will get a chance to do some fish this coming year.
[signature]
Saying that Devil Creek has been heavily stocked is an understatement. That little reservoir has been planted with fish that were intended for other reservoir don't have enough water because of the drout as well as surplus rainbows from fish farms.
In 2004 almost 60,000 catchable sized rainbows were planted in there. In 2003 over 40,000 catchable sized rainbows were planted in Devil Creek. About 5000 fingerling kokanee were planted there in May of 2004 as well as 5000 fingerling kokanee planted in May of 2003. Don't forget that kokanee must be counted in the 6 trout limit.
[signature]
We went out to devils creek on monday and did ok. We caught around 30 fish between the two of us. It was a nice day just to be out. It seemed there wasnt a consitant pattern that they were bitting on. Lot of people catching fish though.
[signature]