Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing at Night?
I ran into a couple of guys at the local tackle shop a couple of days ago that were talking about a trip they were going to make that particular evening to fish Roberts Pond through the ice! I wished them well and joked with them about being totally nuts! I consider myself to be somewhat nuts, but, not totally nuts.

Seriously, I have never ice fished at night. Has anyone else felt the need to venture out on the ice at night to drill your hole and try your luck? Am I missing something here? Geez, during the day I always send the fat guy out first! I can't imagine going out in the pitch dark to find solid ice and safe walking so as not to fall in a hole drilled by a daytime angler.
[signature]
Welcome to Bigfishtackle.com...

let me say that fishing by the light of the moon dose at time have its rewards. and is a total different experience all together.

nope I dont fish every night. I do hit the night ice from time to time for different reasons. some evenings it is the only time some of my fishing buddies can make it out. other times it is the only time the fish are biting. and still another reason is I cant stand to be cooped up in the house one more minute. and since my drinking budget dried up I tend to find my self out on the ice more than not.

remember to take a walking spud with you to check the ice as you go, this will aid in preventing you from falling in.

I tend to not fish on the ice at night or daylight for that matter when I am not sure of the ice conditions.
[signature]