Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing At Night
Ice fishing at night can be quite rewarding. In fact Mrs. Kingfisheral and myself have spent nights sleeping out on the ice fishing through the night. If you prepare in advance its really quite a lot of fun. We usually go up during the day light hours and scope out the area. We choose a spot that we want to fish and spend the night there. The ice sled and portable heaters to keep the ice hut warm are great tools. The ice hut we have is big enough to sleep two people across the opening on military cots. Take hot chocolate to keep warm. Soup, or anything else you may want. Many times we take means to make stew and have good meals. I have spent many a night going up about 6pm and fishing through until 3 or 4 a.m. Certain reservoirs can only produce sucessfully for night fishing. When you plan it out and check out the spots ahead of time, its really quite safe. Try it sometime you may get hooked. Good Luck!
[signature]
I was curious which reservoirs or lakes you are fishing and spending the night on. Where are you located? What are the lakes you fish most often? How thick is the ice there? Thanks, Acey
[signature]
Devils creek is one lake that my friend fishes at night. He told me last week, that is when he does the best for the kokanee.
[signature]
We fish PalaSades reservior in Idaho; Island Park reservior in Idaho
[signature]