Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report
Ended up fishing Causey today from 10 pm until
around 4pm. We caught about 20 13-14 inch Splake between me and my buddy. Caught them with water crickets tipped with powerbait. Kinda a slow outting. Most fish were in 15-22 feet of water.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I guess no kokanee were caught? What area were you fishing?
[signature]
We tried opposite the dam face and around the corner by the cliffs.
[signature]
Were there a lot of people there today and how thick was the ice?
[signature]
Ice was 5 to 10 inches thick and there were people scattered everywhere.
[signature]
Catfish, Were you guys in a black ice tent? If you were, we were out by you guys also. There was 2 adults and 2 kids in our group. I was the one with the red hat on. We ended up with 3 nice rainbows and a bunch of splake. We were using the green watta cricket and green boogers tipped with meal worms. I tried a tip from Thekillerbee and used ratfinkies, but we only got 4 or 5 on them and they were all about 6''. I think we even fished their spot for a couple of hours but only got 4 fish. When we moved out to the south arm we started nailing them.

I' heading up there in the morning with my son if any of ya want to go.
I'll be in the same spot.
[signature]
Glad you guys could catch some fish! It's strange how one day you can nail them on one lure, and another day they don't really want anything to do with it! It took us a little moving around first thing to finally find the fish as well. If you are there for more than about 10 mins with no bites, move. Good luck on your next trip out.
[signature]
Brandon, you guys must have educated the fish on the rat finkies so only the dumb ones came back. It took us a while to find the fish but like you said once you do there is alot of them. Is anyone catching the kokes up there. They are on my list of fish I have never caught and need to be removed. I finally go to remove the splake and the no fish at Causey title today.
[signature]
The kokes are in a down cycle. They'll probably be that way for the next 1-2 years, then they'll bounce back for a couple years, and start the cycle all over again. For some reason they cycle in 5 years. You might catch a few up there, and if you find a spot where the school is hanging out, you can catch quite a few. They usually like small lures, and I'd doubt you'd get one to hit on a larger jig. They have very soft mouths, so they come unbuttoned quite easily. I'm glad you guys had a good time.
[signature]
So how do i get to Causey I'm in lehi ,E.M.
[signature]
It would be best to find with a map , but it is east of Pineview . Check out the Fishing Holes board for directions to many waters .
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=108861;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=108861;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Is anyone going up on tuesday?
[signature]