Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Conditions at Ririe and Palasades
Went as I said I would and checked theice on Both Ririe and PalaSades Reserviors. There is no ice on Ririe and PalaSades is shaky at best. Big Elk creek has an ice cover but it is open around the edges as it often is in a reservior that is filling up. Going to need some cold days and nights to freeze it up.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'm still surprised Ririe doesn't have any ice. That deep water by the dam is normally the last water in the area to freeze over.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Kingfisheral. Maybe I will meet up with you tomorrow to fish somewhere?

Windriver
[signature]
KingfisherAl,

Thanks aslo for the reports of ice conditions around the area. I'm not suprised that Ririe is not iced up yet. I mean our weather locally during December has been quite unsusually warm. I'm anxious to get on Ririe and PaliSades this year. Have some new ice fishing tackle I am wanting to get broken in. Thanks again.
[signature]
coming up from utah to fish palla this next mon. what kinds of fish r in this res? and where is the best plase to ice fish it?
[signature]
I haven't been up to paliSades lately, but maybe someone else can give you some better info.

Besides a lot of chubs there are cutthroats, browns, lakers, kokanee and the odd rainbow in PaliSades. The most common by far are cutthroats and browns. The action normally isn’t very fast at PaliSades but the fish are better than average size. The Little Elk and Big Elk Creek bays, the area around the dam and anywhere along the NE shore by highway 26 are the most popular because of the easy access. Other parts of PaliSades are more difficult to reach after the snow starts flying. Like others have mentioned the water is rising and that makes the ice questionable around the edges. The center of the reservoir takes a while to freeze over solid.
[signature]