Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vagabond
[cool][cool] 3 Day,

Just learning to use this site. Was 90 miles out on a 3 day with Mike Lackey (Owner/Operator) of the Vagabond out of Point Loma. First day out we had only boated 4 Albies til 5 P/M. I got one bait fish 30#s. Then Mike said we'll sit here and see if we can getthe spot below to bite. We are all ready with 20/30 pound gear, then Mike yells he wants heavy chum and lots. We were instantly covered with deans and soked????? out from below the boat 100 (at least or more !!!) (he said they were stacked like cord wood) Century (100#s) BFT Came out of the water (some 4') I was the first to hookup. After 1.5 hours of battle my first BFT was 2' from gaf. As I gave one last little pull [#ff060e]THE HOOK [/#ff060e][#001024]PULLED (FYI--Mike pointed out the barb on the Owner hooks is very small) . I sounded like a sailor. My buddy got the jackpot with 114#s. I think we boated 4 over 100#s and 20 at more that 40# (My First--- 50#s). My score (11 Albies [url "mailto:3@30"]3@30[/url]#-- 1st BFT 50#s) {Yes}. Mike Lackey is First Rate at Service and sharing his love and knowledge of the sea. The Crew is topgun in what they do. The meals, I put on pounds out there (not only in fish). Sorry About The Length. [/#001024]

[#001024] Freshone [/#001024]

[#001024] [/#001024]
[signature]
Freshone, there are times when it is appropriate to use all the un-documented words in the English language.....That was definitely one of them! Sounds like you had an awesome trip other than the one mishap, you put up some great numbers.

What a site that must have been to see that many bad boys stack-up under the boat.

I have heard nothing but great things about the Vagabond, Mike and his crew.

Were they line shy?

Any recommendations for anyone going out on a multi day trip?

Thanx for the report and keep em' coming.....
[signature]
Capt Mike & the Vagabond are pretty well known for finding & putting big BFT on the deck. I got my best BFT to date aboard her last year.

Fishslayer
[signature]