Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Holes of 2004
As I think back over the year, I had some great fishing. Here are the best that I fished in 2004.

1. Henrys Lake - had to be my best year ever for fishing - not guiding, but fishing for those big hybrids - looking forward to another great one this year.

2. Hidden Lake - a Montana hole where I got with my son-in-laws and friends for a great time of float tubing - Hot rainbows that make you look up to when they jump.

3. Hebgen Lake - another Montana hole where I fish in the evenings from time to time for browns and bows. Those of you who love smoked whitefish - late July and August can be good where the South Fork of the Madison runs into the lake.

4. Ririe Reservoir - was good ice fishing last winter - but not enough ice so far this season. Also had a great time fishing it early in May when it had just opened. Speed boaters and water skiers can make it tough in the afternoons on warm days.

Good Luck and have a great new year.

Bill
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I don’t really have a favorite fishing hole for 2004. The fishing at Henry’s Lake was slow this year but I would rather have a good chance at catching a couple heavy hybrids than catch small fish all day. For the most part the Henry’s Fork wasn’t very good to me again this year. The South Fork was it’s good old self minus the high dirty water early in the season. The most consistent place for planter trout was Devil Creek Reservoir thanks to the 58,000+ catchable sized rainbows that the F&G planted in there this year and 40,000 they planted in there last year. I’ve also had a good time at a number of other places that I have fished this year even when the catching wasn’t as good as I was hoping it would be.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Hopefully the NOAA is right about us getting above average precipitation in January and February.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I fished Devils Creek Reservoir by Malad more this year than any other in Idaho. We usually did quite well on the planter rainbows. I took my son Nathan and grandson Tyler there for bait fishing one evening this summer. Tyler who is four years old has his own three foot long Scooby Doo fishing pole. We rigged a bubble on it and a worm and he could cast it out far enough on his own. I was amazed that he caught a few fish on it all by himself. I wished I had the camera with to take his picture. He was so excited and going up and down the bank showing off to everyone the fish he caught all by himself. He was so cute. Everyone was congratulating him and smiling from ear to ear. That is what fishing is all about. Acey
[signature]
My biggest trout came out of Henry's Lake.

Most Exotic fish came out of southern Floriday-Talapia

Most fish in a day came out of the windriver mountains 100+ also had the most senic views.

Good luck this year to all

Windriver
[signature]