Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
way to ring in the new year
[cool]The wife decided to fish this new years day so we headed to Hemenway to try our luck from shore with swimbaits. We got zero there so headed to Horsepower cove to try again. We were there for about 20 minutes when "hookup"! The wife gets a 2lb8oz on the swimbait. I switch from the A.C. plug to the storm swimbait and "hookup". Another copy of her fish. Tried for another hour for nada. This was her first striper from mead and our first fishing from shore(wading). Here are some pics.
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"] Nice fish BigE. But, please let your wife know that the Stripers don't have the cooties. It looks like she's amost afraid to get a good hold on that lower lip. Anyway 2 Stripers on New Years Day, that a good way to start the year. Congrat's.

Take care,
David
[/size]
[signature]
sweet!

sm
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Powermaker. She just doesn't like the teeth they got. Though the larger ones are the ones to grab thru the gills.
[signature]
Good job! I was out there on Thursday as NDOW planted the nice striper food and saw one maybe 5-6lb. striper caught of the shore. I got a swimbait tail bitten off - usually means small fish. Fishing shallow adjacent to the big ferry tie up. No striper for me. And I buy my own baits so have no one to blame.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks reellittlephish.
[signature]
Well if them aint some dandies...

I would like to hook in to some of them my self. (never caught one)

be sure to let us know if she desides to teach a class on how to land them....[cool] seriouly, great job and photo, hope you'll enter it on the wall of fame...
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Well davetclown, if your ever in the area maybe we'll have to work on adding a Striper to your Résumé.

Take care,
David
[signature]
[cool]Thanks davetclown. So far I am her only pupil. I kinda 'o like the one on one tutoring. She catches 'em like a pro.
[signature]