Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report
Drove up to Causey this afternoon. Fished from 2 until 4:30. We caught 2 rainbow and 3 splake. All about 10 inches. The temps were nice until about 3:30 and the snow started falling. Glad we had the big tent. I tied a 200 ft rope to the sled and dragged it up the bank with the truck. Easiest pull I've had all year.

The hunting and fishing calander on my GPS said this weekend would be poor fishing. It sure was right. Caught a total of 6 fish all weekend , 2 at Strawberry and 4 at Causey. Next time it says poor, I think I'll stay home by the fire.

The ice was 10 inches thick with 1 inch of slush. We used ratfinkies and wax worms. The fish came in at 20 ft. We were in 60 feet of water.
[signature]
Hey, kj, what does the calendar say about Tues. and Sat. this week? I may go those days if it doesn't snow too much.
[signature]
If you do head out Tuesday let me know I’m also thinking of a trip Tuesday.
[signature]
Not sure where yet. Snow depth and accessibility will be factors. I'll try to keep you posted. Any suggestions?
[signature]
I would like to go back and conquer Mantua or Porcupine.
[signature]
MrLipripper,
The solunar calander says tuesday is an average day with best fishing from 4:10 am to 5:10 am and again from 4:42 pm to 6:42 pm. Good times are from 10:21 am to 11:21 am and again from 10:53 pm to 11:53 pm.

Saturday says saturday is an average day with best fishing from 9:23 am to 11:23 am and again from 9:59 pm to 11:59 pm. Good times are from 3:12 am to 4:12 am and again from 3:34 pm to 4:34 pm.

Have fun and let us know if the calander is correct.
[signature]
Hey Kevin,

What did that solunar calendar say for itself on 2/15/03 -- the day that we had non-stop action on Electric Lake?
[signature]
Kent,
It says it was a good day with best times from 10:27 am to 12:27 pm and again from 10:46 pm to 12:46 pm. Good times was from 4:16 am to 5:16 am and again from 4:38 pm to 5:38 pm.

If that was a good day, I wonder what an excellent day would be like?
[signature]

[signature]
Cowboy Up!