Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother Natures change in Party plans
Mother Nature hasnt played to our advantage this winter. Due to no ice on Rockport yet, the party planners have decided to move the date to Jan 29th. We are aware a cold snap this week could cap Rockport, but we feel more safe with the amount of people coming to have at least 6-8 inches of ice.

We are still planning all the same festivities, just 2 weeks later. We thought about change in venue, but the options were Lost Creek or Echo. Lost Creek can be a head ache accessability wise, and Echo isnt too far ahead of Rockport, and isnt too party friendly trying to get gear on the ice from the road.

We still encourage you to come. We have changed the RSVP date to the 22nd. Please notify me if you would like to come, or if already committed and cant come. If not your RSVP i got already will suffice.

Thanks,

Fish1on, Fishnpro40 and Polokid
[signature]
I think that is a wise choice. I am still planning on attending.
[signature]
Can't make it dude, wife may have popped by then. Argh!

Hope everyone has loads of luck for them tasty perch.
[signature]
The Doug Miller party is looking at sometime in Febuary, acording to inside sources.
[signature]
I was just reading the Explore section of the Standard Examiner and they are saying Doug Miller will be there on Jan. 22. There is also an article about Lost Creek that is worth reading.
[signature]
That article was essentially ready to publish weeks ago, but the editorial staff kept putting it off. I write a commentary for them once in a while, and did some research on the lake's future. But then another reporter wanted to try to go deeper into the issue. However, they still ran piece along with it. Lost Creek is in jeopardy, and I wanted to get the info out to the fishing public so that we can all act when the time comes!
Save Lost Creek!
Good fishin',
[signature]
Sound like a good idea, for safety reasons. I'll still be there no matter day, location, or time.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Dont keep us in the dark. Why is lost Creek in jeopardy?

John
[signature]
I drove by rockport today thinking about the perch party and still no ice. I think we should keep the party at rockport. I would rather fish there the week after Doug then move to the nelle. I just haven't seen a single perch out of jordanelle that is worthy of my fillet knife. I know the kids would have a ball on jordanelle, but I think there are plenty of perch in rockport to make for a great day of fishing and when it's all said and done I've got something more than next years catfish bait to fillet. Just my two cents, that being said I'll follow the party anywhere.
[signature]
Unfortunately, XPLORE didn't follow through with printing all the info. The bottom line is that the state legislature is going to have to come up with big bucks to keep the place open as an improved state park, or it'll be closed completely. That's why there is no longer any fees being collected; they can't / won't pay to even have that operated. There's work going on now at East Canyon; Lost Creek is next. IF ... The people of Croydon see it as only a party spot for out of towners, and supposedly there's been a lot of problems that the county sheriff's office has had to respond to. DWR invested money in dam repairs years ago, and the restocking of the lake. But the drought followed, the fish are stunted due to low water levels and the concentrations of fish don't allow for enough forage. So now it's up to the legislature. When it comes up to a vote, supposedly this year, outdoorsmen will need to help with the lobbying effort to fund the project. Because they're either going to do it, or close it. Nothing in between. This information I got first-hand from a DWR official. It's not a secret, it just hasn't been properly published.
[signature]
I thought we better put this back at the top just in case someone missed it.
[signature]